Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tarzan

In August, my Mom took me out on a date.  I love Mommy-Daughter dates!  She had gotten two tickets for Disney's Tarzan at the Hale Center Theater, and she knew I would love it.  I'm kind of a Phil Collins fan. :)  We had a yummy dinner at Zupas before the show, and enjoyed some time to talk.  I had never been to Hale Center Theater, and I was amazed with what I saw when I took my seat.


It is literally a center theater!  And I couldn't believe they were going to do the entire show on that tiny little stage.  But they did, and it was amazing!  The stage would rotate up and down, bringing in other parts of the set that were hidden underneath and above.  It was so cool!  The music was incredible, and the actors were spot on.  It was truly an incredible show, and to think they found such incredible talent in our little neck of the woods!  After being at the show for about 10 minutes, I turned to my Mom and told her I just HAD to bring my kids.  So we did!

We got tickets for a Friday matinee on September 6th.  Danny and I took Claire and Sophie (unfortunately, Johnny didn't make the age cut-off), and Grandma Candy took Isabelle.  We met at the theater, and even though it was a separate set of actors than the ones my Mom and I had seen, it was still amazing!  The girls were enthralled, and even Danny was impressed. :)  We realized that we really needed to do this type of thing with our kids more often!  


One of the neat things about the Hale Center Theater is that the actors line the way to the exit, so that as you're leaving you can meet the actors.  The girls were dying to meet Tarzan and Jane...so we did!  They were so nice to the girls, and even posed for a picture.


Then we made our way to Turk, the other star of the show.  The ape costumes were so amazing.  It took over 60,000 pieces of fabric to make the ape costumes!  Turk, just like Tarzan and Jane, was so nice and took a minute to talk to the girls about their favorite parts of the show.  And, of course, posed for a picture, too!


After the show, we stopped in Bountiful for a yummy dinner at Paradise Bakery.  The girls wanted to sit at their own table.  Since when did these girls get big enough to sit at their own table?!  Danny, Grandma Candy, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them chat and giggle, for all the world like they were teenagers!  They are so much fun, and so blessed to have such a wonderful friendship.


Tarzan was an amazing show, and now that we know we love the theater, we'll be coming again for sure!  The 2014 Season includes Disney's Mary Poppins, so we know which show we'll be bringing the kids to next year.  Thank you, Grandma Candy, for both awesome experiences!  We're looking forward to Mary Poppins, for sure! :)

No comments: