Sunday, December 22, 2013

One Year


Today is November 13th.  It was one year ago today that Danny and I learned that Luke had cancer.  It was one year ago today that the bottom fell out of our world.  We still can't wrap our mind around how our baby got cancer.  How does that even happen?  

This year has been hard on our family.  The hardest we've ever had.  But it's made us that much stronger.  That much closer.  And that much more grateful for every precious minute we have together.  

Cancer is not easy.  But it isn't difficult for us to see the Lord's tender mercies in our life this past year.  We are so extremely blessed, even in the midst of this trial.  We recognize this experience as being a tremendous blessing in a lot of ways.  

I took this picture right before the kids were to be put to bed.  It was a moment of perfection that I didn't want to forget.  How grateful we are for the blessings of the temple that will keep us together forever, no matter what this mortal life may bring.  How grateful we are to travel this road together, as a family.  Each of us, from Danny and I to each of the children, brings to our family a particular set of strengths and weaknesses.  And we compliment each other.  My heart swells with thanksgiving when I look at my husband and my sweet children and see how good the Lord has been to me.  

We don't know what the next year will bring for Luke and for our family, but we're ready to face it with faith! 

No comments: