Friday, December 6, 2013

Luke's First Haircut

Every mother has conflicted feelings about the first haircut.  But I have never been more conflicted than I was when it came time to cut Luke's hair!  First of all, he was our baldest baby at birth.  So where Johnny has less than 2 months old when he got his first haircut, Luke was going on 6 months old and still didn't need one!  Then we let the chemo take over from there. :(  He was completely bald by 10 months old when he underwent his bone marrow transplant.  With the transplant came the anti-rejection drug cyclosporine, with the wonderful side-effect of hair growth.  So by the time we'd reached August and Luke was 15 months old, he was sporting some pretty shaggy hair!  I was scared to cut it, though.  It was soft and luscious...the mark of cyclosporine hair.  Plus, I worried that having his hair short would make him look sick again.  But Danny convinced me to do it.  Luke really was looking kind of shaggy, in a cute Beatles kind of way. :)  I wanted to cut it a bit longer than we usually do, but Danny insisted on the Call Haircut...the same one he and Johnny always get.  So, on August 14th, Luke had his first haircut!

Before


After


What a stud-muffin!  I could hardly stand how handsome and grown up he looked!  I can still barely stand it!  What a lucky Mama I am!  I love you, Luke!  My handsome little man-child...

No comments: