Wednesday, December 11, 2013

BYU vs Utah

It's the game of all games.  The Holy War.  And it was totally the game I was going to!  Danny was feeling pretty good after surgery, but I thought it was prudent for me to be beside him so he didn't do something silly during the game and hurt his shoulder. :)  And it was the day before his birthday, so it was kind of a date.  All very good reasons for me to get the best ticket of the season!

It was the Royal Blue attire game, and I was able to find a killer deal of shirts for us.  Only $6 a piece!  I even had a tattoo for my face, and my oval "Y" earrings.  Danny was pleased. :)  


We stopped and got some dinner in Orem before heading to our coveted parking spot.  We had a nice picnic dinner as we watched Cougar and Ute fans alike making their way to the stadium.  Danny marveled at the couples walking hand in hand, but with one wearing red and one wearing blue.  To Danny, that would have been a deal breaker! :)


It had been a long year since we had been at at game together.  Danny and I love being at the stadium, watching our team, and enjoying the enthusiasm of the crowd.  Especially for the Utah game.  I love that I can share in Danny's passion with him, and that it has become a passion for our whole family.



Our team came out to fireworks, which was so cool!  I had never seen them do that before...  


Unfortunately, we didn't play so well.  In fact, we didn't play well at all. :(  Spirits were starting to get low at half-time, but the half-time show helped to lift my mood!  I love the band and the mascot and the props...I love the whole nine yards! :)




But even with the best efforts of the band and the fans, we lost.  And we had to listen to an exceptionally annoying Ute fan behind us the entire game.  I'm so proud of Danny...he didn't do or say anything to the guy.  I know it took every ounce of maturity he had!  Even though we suffered a disheartening and unnecessary loss, the game was still awesome.  We'll have to wait three more years for redemption, but redemption will come.  It always does!

No comments: