Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve

As is evident, we had quite the Christmas!  So by the time New Year's Eve rolled around, everyone was thoroughly exhausted.  So while our usual New Year's Eve party at Grandma and Papa's happened, it was pretty low key.  And what's worse is that my camera died right as the party was starting!  So not a lot of picture this year. :(

This year was different in that Grandma was having the kids over for a sleepover.  The kids LOVE their sleepovers at Grandma's house!  I told them to start laying out their clothes to get packed, and before I could even get to Johnny's stuff he walked out of his room, ready to go!  I had to gently explain that he didn't need to take everything from his room.  It was only one night! :)


The party was wonderful...plenty of our favorite fattening foods to gorge ourselves on before we swear off anything unhealthy for the new year.  We let the kids play games and make their New Year's crowns that they always make with Grandma.  I am really loving all the traditions we are establishing!

We rang in the new year around 8:00 pm, so we could get everyone home and to bed on time.  We all popped the poppers and the kids made a huge mess with all the confetti.  I enjoyed my New Year's kiss from my sweetheart, and that was that.  


I can't believe the year we've had.  I can easily say that 2013 was the most incredible year I've lived through yet.  So many highs and so many lows and everything in between.  Our greatest blessing has been Luke.  Through sickness and health, through good news and bad news, this boy is always smiling.  And that's how we're going to end this crazy year.  With Lukey's amazing smile!  And we're going to move into the next year, and all it may bring, with the same faithful smile.

We know now that we can do anything!  Happy New Year!!

No comments: