Thursday, December 5, 2013

First Grader In Da House!

Claire has been dying to get into 1st Grade since, well, about two weeks into Kindergarten!  She's so excited to grow up.  An excitement her Daddy and I do not share. :)

But no matter what we do, we can't seem to stop it.  In fact, Claire reminds us of that regularly!  "You know, you can't stop me from getting older!"  She's become wise to the fact that as parents, we are NOT all powerful.  Bummer for us...we had a good five years or so.

Buffalo Point Elementary went to a year-round schedule this year (ugh!), so Claire started with the rest of C-track on July 25th.  It was the middle of summer, so we delayed buying all the new school clothes until she went back on track in the fall and actually needed new clothes.  Lucky for her, she had tons of cute summer clothes, so she still looked adorable for her big debut.


I can't remember now who stayed home with the younger kids, but I do know that I got the sole privilege of taking Claire to school on her first day.  I was able to enjoy it much more than when I took her to Kindergarten on her first day.  I knew she was going to love it, and continuing the Spanish Immersion Program ensured that she would have friends from her Kinder class.  And more than anything, I have learned to trust Claire's confidence and enthusiasm.  We both knew she was going to do great!


Claire's teachers this year are Senora Mora and Mrs. Olsen.  Because she is doing the Spanish Immersion Program, she has half of her day with Senora Mora in Spanish (for math and Spanish) and the other half with Mrs. Olsen in English (for reading and spelling). 


Even though it was easier than Kindergarten, I still had a hard time ripping myself away.  I can't believe my baby girl is in 1st Grade.  She'll be away from me all day long!  Where did the time go?


Claire was excited to be in school all day, and most especially for lunchtime in the cafeteria.  And she did great!  After school, we kept the tradition from Danny's childhood alive and we went out to dinner as a family.  This year it was Mongolian BBQ...and it awesome.  Even Luke ate like a champ!


With Claire in school, and Sophie and Johnny coming up on the first day of preschool in just a month...the summer was quickly winding down!  But we were ready to take advantage of every last minute of it...:)

No comments: