Monday, January 31, 2011

Live The Life: Week Three

Phew!  I'm a quarter of the way through with this program.  :)  Go me!

Week Three was a good one.  I've heard it said that it takes about two weeks to develop a habit.  I'd say I agree with that.  Getting those first two weeks behind me was a bit difficult.  But during this last week I realized that the workouts were getting easier...almost enjoyable!  And I don't think I had a single sugar craving all week.  I even made a delicious dinner of French Dip Sandwiches for Danny, the girls, and the missionaries on Friday and only tried ONE bite!  It was a new recipe, that was my reason for even the one bite.  :)  

I really feel like I'm seeing (and literally feeling) results!  My clothes are definitely getting looser, and I have even been able to comfortably wear jeans for extended periods of time!  I know, small victories, right?  And I feel like I have more energy than I used to.  It's interesting...I find myself more tired in the afternoon than I used to be.  I usually need to lay down for a 20 minute power nap during the afternoon while the kids are sleeping when I didn't use to have to.  But, I also have WAY more energy during the other parts of the day.  I'm getting more done around the house than I used to, and doing it in shorter periods of time.  And MOST of the time, I feel like I'm more cheerful than I used to be.  And maybe...just maybe...I'm a mite more patient with the kids.  Maybe.  ;)

All in all, I'm really loving this program.  It's not easy.  In fact, I'm pushing myself harder and denying myself more than I ever have before.  But I love how I feel, and I think I might even love how I look when I'm done!  I was a bit discouraged this morning when I didn't lose as much weight during Week Three as I had during the previous two.  But I'm losing more inches where it counts, so I'm going to push on true and see this thing to the end!  Here are the numbers:

WEEK THREE RESULTS

1.8 lbs lost (total ~ 8.6 lbs)
1 1/2 inches off my waist (total ~ 4 inches)
1 1/2 inches off my hips (total ~ 2 3/4 inches)

No comments: