Monday, January 24, 2011

Live The Life: Week Two

Alright!  Two weeks down, ten more to go! :)  This week wasn't nearly as hard as last week was.  I think I got into the groove a little bit more.  Plus, when it did start to get hard, I just remembered the results from Week One, and that got me through!

My workouts were difficult, but doable.  This is an improvement!  I even stepped it up a bit, and instead of just running the first 5 minutes of my cardio, and ran 10 minutes.  This may seem like a no-brainer.  But I can't even remember the last time I ran 10 consecutive minutes and didn't throw up.  I think Danny and I were engaged!  So yeah, I've been feeling pretty good about that.

And the menu this week felt more satisfying to me than last week's did.  I didn't get my first hunger pain until Wednesday, and it wasn't too bad.  I even made Sausage Tortellini Soup and Cheesy Garlic Swirls for a friend of mine that had her baby, and didn't even snitch one bite!  That was painful, but I did it!  I didn't feel as restrained this week, though I did long for a reward of some culinary sort around Wednesday night.  That's when it's really hard for me.  Danny is in school all evening on Tuesdays, so he's literally home for 10 minutes after work, and doesn't get back until the kids are in bed.  And then with mutual on Wednesday, I get maybe an hour and a half of parental assistance until he leaves again, only to come home after the kids are once again in bed.  By Wednesday night, I'm seriously wanting a treat I don't have to share!  But like I said, it was easier to get past that feeling this week.

Best of all, I'm starting to notice a marked change in my body.  My waist feels smaller to me, and I'm feeling more toned over all.  My pants are DEFINITELY getting roomier!  I worried that it was all just in my head, until I weighed in this morning.  Once again, the results speak for themselves!

WEEK TWO RESULTS

3.4 lbs lost (total ~ 6.8 lbs)
1/2 inch lost on my waist (total ~ 2 1/2 inches)
1/2 inch lost on my hips (total ~ 1 1/4 inches)

No comments: