Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Live The Life: Week One

I'm trying something new this time around.  Once again, I find myself in the position to lose a decent amount of weight after another beautiful and amazing baby.  I haven't quite gotten it all off after Claire, but I heard about this Live The Life program, and it gave me hope.  Maybe I can get close to my pre-baby self...

This isn't all about weight loss, or about getting into a certain size pants.  It's about how I feel.  Let's not mince words, it matters a great deal to a woman what she looks like.  There's no way around it.  And while I'll admit that I probably worry too much, I won't apologize for worrying at all! :)  I want to feel like I look better.  More than that, I want to feel comfortable in my clothes...and my skin...again.  It's been a LONG time since I felt like I fit right in a pair of jeans.  And I'm tired of feeling physically restrained by the remnants of a baby belly or by muscles that are weak and unfit.  I'm ready to Live the Life!

All that being said, I started the program at the beginning of last week.  (For those interested, you can learn more about it at www.kristiapproved.com.)  I thought I'd let you all know how it went.

It wasn't easy!  :)  The first day, my workout was almost more than I could handle.  I was sore, literally, for 4 days!  I sat by the toilet ready throw up after my cardio.  I was seriously worried about the next day's workout.  But to my pleasant surprise, it was difficult but doable.  And once the soreness subsided, I actually started to enjoy it a bit!  A bit... :)

The eating is pretty good, too!  You eat the same six meals for all seven days of the week, and I think that's what I struggle with the most.  The food itself tastes good, I just miss cooking and eating a variety of things throughout the week.  But I didn't feel hungry until Thursday, and even then it wasn't bad.  I definitely struggled as the week went on feeling restrained from the things I love (mostly food...okay, pretty much only food), and was seriously waning in internal motivation.  But Danny stepped in and kept me going strong.  Thanks, Babe!

The results were worth it.  During Week One, I lost 3.4 pounds, lost 2 inches on my waist, and 3/4 of an inch off my hips!

Definitely worth it.

5 comments:

The Winkels said...

And it will keep getting BETTER and BETTER. Especially once those long 12 weeks are over and you look in the mirror and say "HEY! I like me!"

Justin and Toshi said...

that is AWESOME! So glad you are seeing the results you want...I am definitely a wimp when it comes to workout programs!

The Green's said...

WAY TO GO KATIE! That is so exciting. Keep it up. I'll be your cheerleader when you need encouragement!

Robbieandkris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robbieandkris said...

Wow, Katie! Those are some very impressive results. All of your hard work and commitment are really paying off.