Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30 Before 30

I have a friend whose blog I greatly admire.  She did a 25 Before 25 list, and I thought it was a fantastic idea!  Here's the jist of it: you make 30 goals you want to accomplish before you turn 30, or 25 if you're turning 25, or 50 if you're...you get the point.  Danny and I have kind of changed it a little because, let's be honest, we're a little wimpy!  :)  We made one list between the two of us (which I don't think is exactly cheating, since we are one in purpose, you know?), and our deadline is my 30th birthday, which comes six months after Danny's 30th.  

Here's our list!

1. No car payment
2. Go camping as a family
3. Go to Disneyland with the kids
4. Do temple work in all 4 So Cal temples
5. Take a cooking class
6. Have 3 months of food storage and emergency preparedness
7. Go on a "dress up" date
8. Take a family vacation, just us
9. Prepare one family name for the temple, each
10. Cook our way through a cookbook
11. Have another baby
12. No more consumer debt
13. Go to an aquarium
14. Write our will
15. Have grass
16. Learn how to can
17. Have a successful garden
18. Run a 10k
19. Read a classic
20. Go horseback riding
21. Take a family hike
22. Learn the summer/winter constellations
23. Take a photography class
24. Eat at a Food Network star's restaurant
25. Actually celebrate an anniversary
26. Read the entire Standard Works
27. Attend the temple 26 times
28. Be CPR certified
29. Throw a dinner party
30. Write our Family Mission Statement

There it is!  In writing.  Now we're committed!  :)  I'm excited to get started on these awesome goals!  I'll update our progress on the list from time to time over the next 2 years and 2ish months.  The clock starts now...ready, set, GO!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so awsome! i htink i will use it too! :)

Andrew and Sharon said...

I want to start canning too! I'm getting canning equipment for Christmas when we get around to it.....it's a work in progress :)