Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Baking

I can easily say that our family has enjoyed cooking and baking quite a bit lately!  And to me, one of the greatest aspects of cooking (second only to the eating) is giving wonderful yummy things to the people you care about.  Danny and I planned out what we wanted to make to take to our neighbors and friends for Christmas, and got started...


On the menu were Knock-You-Naked Brownies, Candy Cane Kiss Cookies, Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, and Pretzel Turtles.  As you can see, Sophie was stripped down by the time Danny got to the cookies.  She had really gotten into helping me with the brownies! :)



Johnny was such a good helper, too!  He worked hard making himself especially cute and content in his holiday shirt.  Thanks, Son!


We had so much baking to do, that we had to do it in shifts.  We figured we were going to need a couple of batches of cookies and brownies to deliver to everyone, so we started with one batch of each.  


We hadn't realized the undertaking we were undertaking!  After we delivered a dozen or so plates, we found ourselves only a few days away from leaving for Utah.  Our "to-do" list was getting longer by the minute, and we still had Christmas shopping to do!  It was a hard decision, but we decided to pair down our plates for our second half of deliveries.  After consulting Our Best Bites, Claire helped me make some super yummy Gingerbread Rice Krispie Treats.


They turned out pretty cute (and apparently yummy), if I do say so myself!


We had a lot of fun doing all this baking, and I loved that we did it as a family.  Danny and I enjoyed seeing our girls get excited about giving to our friends, since that is what really makes the holiday season fun.  

I'm already planning what to do next year!

2 comments:

Naomi and Family said...

Oh! They were SO YUMMY!!! Thank you for thinking of us too!!

Justin and Toshi said...

MMM! Those plates look so yummy! I think I gained a few pounds just looking at them!