Monday, January 24, 2011

The Brightest Sunbeam

With the beginning of the new year, Claire graduated from Nursery and became a Sunbeam!  Danny and I are in utter disbelief.  I remember so clearly bringing her swaddled in a blanket to church on Sunday.  And then I remember blinking and taking her to Nursery for the first time.  And now this!  I really need to stop blinking.


This was Claire and I on her first Sunday in Primary.  I feel so fortunate that I get to be in there with her, and even teach her Sharing Time (and sometimes Singing Time, too!)  I enjoy watching her get excited about the Gospel.  She is easily the most reverent girl in Junior Primary, and I'm not just saying that.  She'll sit there quietly, for the whole hour, just holding her precious Book of Mormon to her chest.  She makes me so proud!

And if that wasn't enough, Claire gave her first prayer in Primary yesterday!  Daddy helped her a little, but she spoke clearly and loudly.  She did such a good job!  And looked good doing it, too...definitely her Daddy's girl.

Claire loves Primary, and she loves her Sunbeam teacher, Sister Perez.  With all that fun and learning, there's only one thing to do when you get home.


Crash for a wonderful Sunday nap!

1 comment:

Justin and Toshi said...

Oh my gosh...Claire is seriously one of the cutest little girls I know! Love her little Sunday outfit! Isn't being a mom the greatest (okay so not ALL the time, but this is definitely one of the rewarding moments that gets you through the others)?!