Monday, February 7, 2011

Live The Life: Week Four

This is so cool.  Last week, I was 1/4 of the way through this program...and now, just one week later, I'm already 1/3 of the way done! :)

This week was a really hard one for me.  I honestly think my low weigh-in at the end of last week put a damper on things.  But, I pushed on true and didn't cheat!  Except the one bite of Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos with Lime-Cilantro Ranch dipping sauce that we tried for dinner last night. :)

Seriously, I struggled last week.  There were SO many times that I just didn't want to keep doing this!  I honestly don't mind the workouts.  But I miss eating.  I mean REALLY miss eating!  If anything, this program has really opened my eyes to the relationship I have with food.  I miss rewarding myself, or celebrating things.  Because I feel like I can't adequately do either of those things without something delicious to eat!

And then I felt like all of this sacrifice and hard work wasn't really doing anything.  I know, stupid, right?  The numbers don't lie!  But I worried that maybe I was just growing smaller, but staying as disproportionate as I've been.  Does that make sense?  But again, I pushed on true.  I'm going to see this thing through and see where it takes me.

Funny story: Monday was rough anyway because of that stinking weigh-in.  But I thought the silver lining would be a new set of meals for the week!  I was optimistic as I blended up my pumpkin spice shake, but had the hardest time choking it down.  Seriously, I think I literally gagged the last bit down!  I figured I was out of luck for the week at that point.  But then Tuesday morning I happened to glance at the expiration date on my milk.  Yeah...turns out the shake is just fine without spoiled milk! :)

So, all that being said, I'm feeling better now.  I'm getting a lot of comments from people about how thin I'm looking, and that means a lot.  And I really can tell a difference if I don't think about it too hard! ;)

Besides, the numbers don't lie, right? :)

WEEK FOUR RESULTS

3.6 lbs lost (total ~ 12.2 lbs)
1/2 inch off my waist (total ~ 4 1/2 inches)
0 inches off my hips (total ~ 2 3/4 inches)

7 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Katie, I am constantly amazed at how awesome you are! I wish I could find this much dedication! And no matter how you feel, whether you feel it's working or not, you are ALWAYS beautiful!

Katie Call said...

Sarah! You're too nice to me! I just love you guys. Don't tell Danny, but I would have married him just to get the cousins! :)

Jo said...

Good job Katie...and can I have that creamy chicken taquito recipe? It sounds scrumptous!!!n Seriously though, I am amazed that you are sticking to it. You rock!!!

Justin and Toshi said...

GOOD job! You are such an inspiration...I really need to get on track cuz this baby weight is really making me depressed! By the way I want to see some PICS - miss you guys!

The Reynolds said...

Pictures! I'm sure you look amazing, maybe I'll get out of this nasty Utah cold and into some warm(er) SoCal sun!

Naomi and Family said...

That is fantastic Katie!! Seriously, you are MY inspiration of dedication! I know what you mean about the relationship with food thing..... It is almost physically painful if I can't get what I want sometimes but.... Seriously, when you wake up in the morning after a hard food day and realize you made it through, don't you feel so GREAT!! And you think, eh, it's over and I can do that again! (Most mornings anyway) or after a rad weigh in like that!! How awesome!!!!
You really look fantastic!
Thank you for the inspiration!

P.S. I had to just smile when I read about your milk shake thing! How horrible that you had to go through four whole days of that! You really are a dedicated trooper!! :)

Andrew and Sharon said...

I'm so impressed! You're my hero! :)