Friday, December 17, 2010

Photographic Memory

I've decided that this blog will have to serve as my photographic memory.  I used to pride myself on my memory.  Just ask my sister, Jami.  I used to be able to recite conversations verbatim, regurgitate text book facts with all the many-syllable words, and remember the dates that important things happened.  And then I had kids!

What's hard about that, aside from not being able to hold my own in a conversation anymore, is that more now that ever is when I need my memory!  I think it is patently unfair that having children has such an adverse affect on your brain.  I want to remember every smile, every pose, and every funny thing my kids do.  

That being said, I just had to take some pictures of Johnny over the last week or so.  He's growing up so fast.  He's not my newborn anymore!  And like I said, this blog is going to have to be my photographic memory...


One of my favorite things about Johnny is our mornings together.  After sleeping an average of 10 hours during the night, he wakes up around 6:00 am, and he's hungry!  I scoop him up and bring him into bed with me, and I nurse him while we both doze.  When he's all done eating, he cuddles up next to me and falls asleep for a couple more hours.  I don't sleep much longer, since the girls are usually up by then.  But this picture is how he looks when I leave him in bed to sleep.  He's so big already!  And he looks so precious to me when he's asleep...


Johnny's a strong little boy!  He's been able to stand and support his weight pretty much since we brought him home.  But lately he seems to be anxious to work those legs out.  So we brought out the bouncer!  It seems to me both of the girls were closer to 6 months old before they were ready for this fun toy, but Johnny seemed to dig it.  He especially loved the toys within easy reach, but was a bit frustrated when he couldn't get any of them in his mouth!


And Danny and I have decided it's official.  Johnny is a thumb-sucker!  He's our first one, too.  But it's so stinkin' cute!  He usually goes right to the thumb after he's done eating.  Have I mentioned how much I love breastfeeding this little guy?  It really has been a completely different experience this time around, and I really feel like Johnny and I bond during his feedings.  

My day to day life is full of monotony and frustrations.  Having children, especially such large ones, has taken a toll on my body.  But I wouldn't trade any of it.  I absolutely love being a Mom!  I just wish time would slow down a bit... 

3 comments:

Justin and Toshi said...

I LOVE those pics of Johnny...I will have to agree with you he really is a handsome little guy!

Naomi and Family said...

What darling pictures! He is so adorable! I especially love the first picture! I LOVE jammies like that! He makes them even cuter! I am so glad you two have bonded so beautifully!! He is gorgeous momma, you two make adorable kids!

oceanbaby&kickboxer said...

What a beautiful baby boy! Johnny is already melting hearts. What a precious son you have! And how lucky is Johnny to have a mama that loves him so much.