Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Decorating for Lukey

This must have been a busy December, because it took us longer to get up to the cemetery than we had wanted. Being busy and adjusting for the weather, I suppose. We finally got up there though! Boy was it cold...but we bundled up. We love the trees Grandma Candy found for Luke's Place. We set up the wreath that we made for him two years ago...though honestly, it's probably on it's last leg. We'll make a new one next year, I think. Then some gold pinecones for his vase, and he was set! It's so hard not to have Luke with us during Christmastime, but we know he's near.




We also brought some gold-rose poinsettias for Rachel. We missed her anniversary on the 1st, on account of Claire's recital and the weather. And with her birthday just a few days away, we took the time then to visit her place. I miss Rachel, and I can't believe she'd be twenty-four this year! I'm so grateful that I still remember her smile, and while they are relatively few that I still have so many fun memories of her. And I'm so glad she was there to welcome Luke home. 


I'm so grateful for our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. For a knowledge of what comes after this life, and for the purpose of this life. At Christmas, the comfort of this knowledge is particularly poignant. The gratitude and love I feel for my Savior is impossible to capture in words or in picture. But I hope anyone that might read this family history of ours, written in my words, will sense the love and devotion we have for our Savior Jesus Christ, and for our Heavenly Father. It is through Him that we have all we do, and the promise of all we could ever desire and more.

No comments: