Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Decorating for Christmas...

This year was a bit different when it came to decorating. Usually we spend Black Friday at home, away from all the crazy shoppers, and get out all the Christmas stuff. But this year we painted the basement instead! So it took a while before we got all the Christmas stuff out this year. But we loved how it all turned out! 

We finally got stockings for Danny and I, since we needed a stocking for Joseph. So now the boys have the blue stockings, the girls have white, and Danny and I have silver. I love how they turned out, with their monogram ornaments marking each one. :) Of course a highlight is always getting my Christmas Village out on the piano. Someday, maybe we'll add more to it. 



I really, really loved how the console table turned out. I really wanted to keep Luke's pictures out, since I found myself really missing him already this holiday season. And because at the ROK Ice Skating event in November they gave each family one of these lanterns, and I loved the poem on it. It reads:

Don't cry for me, I'm not gone
My soul's at rest, my heart lives on.
Light a candle for me to see
and hold on to my memory,
but save your tears for i'm still here
by your side through the years.

I'll keep that candle's light going until the Christmas season is all done.



And of course, our tree. Well, I guess we're calling it "Mom's Tree" now that the kids will have a tree in the family room downstairs. :) I love my tree! I couldn't be happier with it.



It might have taken us a little longer this year, but we did it! We're ready for Christmas!!

No comments: