Monday, October 1, 2012

Milestones: Tummy Time


I am not a good Mom when it comes to tummy time.  When Claire was just a few weeks old, we had a home nurse come and visit us to make sure I was adjusting to new motherhood (one of the perks of a Medicaid baby).  She asked how long a day I was giving Claire her tummy time.  I had no idea I was supposed to do that with a baby so young!  And ever since Claire, it's been a struggle for me to remember to do it.  And poor Luke is no exception.  In fact, he may be the baby to get the least amount of time!  I can't trust the older kids to be gentle with him if I leave him on the floor and walk away for a minute or two, so I put him in his bouncey seat or in his swing.  And I just never remember to take some time and lay down with him on the floor.  I'm a mom on the go...constantly.

But there's nothing like the fear of a well-child check-up to scare a mom straight! :)  I knew that Dr. Baur was going to ask about his skills on his tummy, and I wanted to be able to report good things.  So I started to be better about getting him on the floor.  Turns out, the kid had all the strength he needed, and once we put the toys on the floor, he had all the motivation he needed!

Well done, Son!  This is the first of many developmental milestones we'll be hitting over the next few months.  You're just growing up way too fast!  Love you!

No comments: