Thursday, September 27, 2012

Four Months

13 lbs. 15 oz ~ 25th percentile
25 inches ~ 60th percentile
Head circumference: 16 3/4 inches ~ 64th percentile

Once again, I find myself taking a break from my frantic attempts to catch up on this blog to write Luke's four month post.  Either Luke is growing up too fast, or I'm destined to never be caught up on my life again.  I get the feeling it's a combination of the two. ;)

Luke is still our happy guy, though this last month has been a hard one for him.  We finally moved into our own home, so Luke spent a lot of time watching me and Danny pack and clean while his brother and sisters played at Grandma Candy's.  Then he had to deal with a stressed-out, over-tired, hormonal mommy that was living out of boxes.  If that wasn't enough, we got some rotten stomach bug, and Luke seems to have held onto it for the better part of two weeks now.  Poor guy has stopped sleeping through the night (yawn!), isn't eating as well, and has the smelliest diapers of any breastfed baby I've ever known!  But even through it all, he still smiles his way through life.  

Luke hates to be alone.  And he particularly hates to be where he can't see me.  Luke is still my Mama's Boy, though there are times I wish he was a little less attached. :)  He has also decided that he hates his car seat, which has made the kindergarten/preschool pick-up and drop-off a splendid experience for us all. :)  He will literally scream the entire time we're in the car.  I've never had a baby that didn't love the car.  Oh well, I suppose it was bound to happen!  Good thing he's so stinkin' cute!

His check-up with Dr. Baur went well, though she is a little concerned that his weight has dropped on the growth chart.  It may be due to this virus he seems to be struggling with.  He's started to spit up rather profusely, so I've wondered if he was getting the milk he needed.  We're going to go back for another weigh-in in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully, it's just cause he's sick.  If not, I suppose we'll do something about it!  Because of this tummy issue he's been having, Dr. Baur suggested that I give him some plain Greek yogurt to help him get the probiotics he needs.  We tried it last night and he loved it!  He was kicking and smiling and talking up a storm!  Too bad he's going to have to wait a couple more months before starting solids.  I'm a stickler for nursing.


Here's four-month-old Luke at a glance:

*Wears 6 and 6-9 month clothes
*Wears a size 2 shoe
*Still in size 2 diapers
*Still a binkie baby, though has found that his hands taste mighty good
*Is able to grab the toys on his bouncer and activity mat
*Is extremely ticklish, and can actually laugh out loud now
*Still loves to tell the funniest stories
*Has the most interesting color of hazel for his eyes
*Is getting much more tolerate of tummy time, and is able to lift his head just fine
*Still sleeps in his rock n' sleep sleeper in Mom and Dad's room
*Has started to take real naps in his bed, on a somewhat regular schedule


We don't know how we ever lived without your sweet smile, Luke.  We love you!

No comments: