Monday, February 21, 2011

Live The Life: Week Six

Oh boy.  Where to start? :)  This week was the hardest week I've had so far.  I hit a mental roadblock, and really started to lose my will to keep doing all of this!  Mostly, to keep with the eating structure.  I really don't have as hard a time working out anymore (which is so cool!)  But as I've mentioned, so much of what we do for fun is centered around food...

We celebrated Valentine's Day by making an AWESOME meal!  And it was delicious!  And I very much enjoyed actually eating dinner with my family.  I thought that would help me feel more motivated to stick with it for the rest of the week, but alas...it did not. :)  I was just so unhappy through the middle part of the week.  Danny had had enough by Thursday night, so we went to Berry Star as a family and Danny "forced" me to eat some dessert.  It was still sugar free frozen yogurt, and I didn't get very much at all.  But I very much enjoyed the treat!  Then Friday was a party with friends, and there was party food.  Who was I to shun our hosts and not partake? :)  Again, I really didn't eat much.  But apparently, all those little cheats added up, and my weigh-in was, well, disappointing.

I've been doing a lot of thinking and talking (thanks, Danny and Mom for listening over and over and over again!) during the last week.  Danny has pointed out to me that even if I were to lose 30 pounds doing this program, I still wouldn't be happy.  My Mom reminded me of when I was engaged (and looked AWESOME), and I still didn't like how I looked and thought I needed to lose 10 pounds before the wedding.  I've realized they have a point!  And I have to admit, I have looked at this Live the Life program as the tool that was going to fix my body for good.  That after this 12 weeks, I would love my body and the way I look and I could quit thinking about it all the time!  And I was only reinforced by those first few weeks of losing 3+ pounds a week.  

But it's not going to fix anything if the real problem is in my head.  Problem is, I have no idea how to fix that one.  However, I have decided something.  I need to look at Live the Life a little differently.  It is one thing that I'm doing right now to get to a healthy weight.  It is something I'm doing to educate myself about calorie intake and work out techniques.  And, no matter how much more weight I lose or don't lose, I'm going to look fantastic when I'm done!  I already look more like myself than I have in a long time...

That being said, I'm going to finish this program as best I can.  I'm going to allow myself to enjoy life as it comes along as well.  And I'm going to work really hard to retrain myself in how I view my body.  I'm going to try harder to do the little things everyday, like wearing jeans instead of sweats and actually doing my hair and makeup, to help me feel better about myself now.  I'm not going to worry so much about where I'll be when I finish.  I'm going to trust that it's going to be good, and I'm going to recognize that I'll continue eating well and working out for the rest of my life.  I'm going to Live My Life! :)

So, are you ready to buy my inspirational self-help tapes now?  :)  Here are numbers for Week Six!  Half way done, Baby!

WEEK SIX RESULTS

.6 lbs lost (total ~ 14.4 lbs)
1/2 inch off my waist (total ~ 5 inches)
1 inch off my hips (total ~ 3 3/4 inches)

2 comments:

David and Camillia said...

You are doing so good! WAY TO GO! You are so dedicated! It will be fun to see you guys in the summer. I wont even recognize the new Katie. :) Keep it up!

oceanbaby&kickboxer said...

Katie, you are doing amazing! I'm so proud of you for taking charge of your fitness and your health. And girl can I say you look fantastic! Just remember that fitness is not a one time event it's a journey. This is your lifestyle now to live healthy and be fit. So keep doing what your doing and take it one day at a time. Challenges will come and go, it just matters how you get through them. Now that I am done with my personal training rant :) I can tell you that I love you and you are doing amazing well. If you need anything I'm here.