Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Live The Life: Week Five

Week Five was an interesting week for me.  I felt rather accomplished at having finished the first month strong.  I didn't waiver one little bit from my meals, and I only missed one workout in Week One (due to an early doctor's appointment for Johnny), and I made it up the next day.  I've never been so dedicated!

And I was excited to start this week, because it meant a new set of exercises!  I was excited to kick it up a notch, and see what the results would be.  But, it turns out I had a really hard time getting the new exercises to feel right.  And most of them were really supposed to be done at a gym, which is totally annoying since this was supposed to be a "you can do this at home" type of program.  As the week progressed, I got better at adapting the exercises.  But I'm afraid it cost me a bit as far as results go.

I also hit a real rut towards the end of the week.  It was the same thing it's been over the last few weeks: I needed a reward...a break from everything.  So we did our afternoon at the park, which included 2 slices of Costco pizza for me!  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that pizza.  And what was better was I really didn't feel guilty about it.  It felt good to "break the rules" a bit, and gave me the motivation I needed to see the rest of the week through.

I was, however, rather disappointed with the results from Week 5.  I had the worst weigh-in yet (marginally), and my measurements didn't reflect any change.  But that may be inaccurate, since I did my own measurements and usually Danny does them for me.  Anyway, here are the numbers.  And bring on Week 6...almost half way done!

WEEK FIVE RESULTS

1.6 lbs lost (total ~ 13.8 lbs)
0 inches off my waist (total ~ 4 1/2 inches)
0 inches off my hips (total ~ 2 3/4 inches)

No comments: