Sunday, February 13, 2011

Post-Worthy

Some things are just post-worthy.  I don't have an amazing or moving story to go along with these pictures.  Mostly, they are just capturing moments.  Moments are post-worthy.  :)


I know I've mentioned ad nauseum how amazing Danny is with our kids.  But he is.  He's been making a point lately to take a few minutes and read a story or two with the kids when he gets home from work.  It helps him feel like he's reconnecting with us after a long day away.  How awesome is that?  You can tell the kids totally dig it.  And Danny is an AWESOME storyteller!


I guess I do have something of a story to go with this picture.  Danny had an overnight Youth Conference in Tehachapi last weekend, which left me and the kids home alone on Friday night.  This was kind of a big deal for me.  It was the first time I've been home alone since we got married!  The few other times Danny had to be gone overnight, I ended up at either my Mom's or his parents.  I can't lie, I kind of liked it that way.

But, I guess I'm going to have to grow up sometime!  Surprisingly enough, I was more worried about being able to stay patient with the kids as a single mom than I was making it through the cold, dark night alone, way out here in the desert where no one would hear me scream. :)  So, in an attempt to make the night fun, seem like a cool Mom, and keep the girls entertained, we built a fort in the front room and made Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn.  The girls picked something to watch, and we made an evening of it.  I think they enjoyed themselves, and it helped to break up the monotony of the day.

I did just fine sleeping through the night without Danny.  Turns out, I didn't have to sleep in a cold bed.  Sophie and Johnny kept it warm for me... :)


As you can see, Sophie is getting REALLY good at helping to keep my bed warm!  :)  Danny took this picture the other morning, and while I may be insane for posted a sleeping, no make-up picture of myself, I couldn't help it.  Sophie never wants to cuddle with me.  But on this particular morning, she was cold sleeping on her little bed we make up for her on our floor (this sleeping in our bed business got old, so now she just sleeps on our floor when she comes in.  Hey, we only have a queen bed!), so she climbed in next to me and fell right back to sleep.  When I saw the picture, I couldn't believe how much we look alike!  And how absolutely precious my little {terrible} two-year-old looks asleep.  I love my Sophie-kins!

1 comment:

5moonbeams4us said...

Even asleep you are gorgeous Katie! It is amazing though how much Sophie does look like you!