Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Live The Life: Week Seven

Well, folks, I'm going to be honest.  I've kind of jumped ship.  But only half way! :)

After really struggling through Week Six, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to keep up with the strict eating.  And not even so much because I couldn't have what I "wanted".  It was the timing thing that started to kill me.  My life is getting busier now that Johnny is getting older.  We have doctor's appointments and errands, kids don't take naps, people call and I want to chat.  Turns out, my life isn't so conducive to eating on a strict schedule right now.

That being said, I'm no longer keeping the menu part of Live The Life.  But I am eating on The Challenge.  Only 3 free points a week, and no eating after 8:30.  And I'm actually able to do this so much better since doing Live The Life, because I understand portions so much better.  I've also kicked up the work-outs a bit, by adding a bit more weight to my strength training and adding more time to my cardio.  

Things have been better!  I'm still fighting the mental fight, and I imagine that will last a while.  Last week was a wash, but I weighed myself again this morning and was down more than a pound from yesterday's weigh-in.  :)  I'm going to keep doing these posts for the remainder of the 12 weeks, because I feel like I ought to.  So, we'll see how things shape up at next week's weigh-in!

WEEK SEVEN RESULTS

0 lbs lost (total ~ 14.4 lbs)
0 inches off my waist (total ~ 5 inches)
0 inches off my hips (total ~ 3 3/4 inches)

1 comment:

Jo said...

Don't get discouraged. They say most people plateau after 5 or 6 weeks of heavy weight loss cause most of the water weight is gone and the easy fat too, so then you're working on the hard stuff. Way to still watch what you're eating though. You are my hero.