Thursday, April 1, 2010

Week 21



It's been a good week!  I'm starting to feel pretty good most of the time, though I seem to have gotten a mite more emotional lately.  At least that's what Danny says.  I feel like everything I say and do is completely rational, so I don't know what his problem is. ;)

Johnny is growing pretty rapidly now, and I can feel it!  He now weighs about three-quarters of a pound (12 oz.) and is about 10 1/2 inches long.  He's gotten quite acrobatic lately, and I think he fancies himself some kind of karate kid!  He is WAY more active than either of his sisters were, especially at night when I would like to be sleeping.  But for the time being, I'm still enjoying his movements more than they inconvenience me.  

Speaking of my little man, I do believe he's ready for his blog photo debut!  I have to apologize for the less than stellar resolution on these pics.  My doctor only gives us a paper printout of the pictures (not a digital one), and we don't have a scanner.  I had to take a picture of the pictures with my camera!  But you get the point...


Yes, that's what you think it is!  Show it off, Johnny! :)  He is still most definitely a boy.  For those of you that have a hard time telling the difference between an ultrasound picture and an inkblot test, you're looking up at his butt from underneath.  The two..uh...biggest protrusions are his femurs (thigh bones).  You can deduce what the other smaller one is... ;)


This is such an awesome profile picture!  You can see his cute little face, but my favorite part are those long legs sticking straight up!  Seriously, this kid spends most his time stretching out, trust me!  Look at those cute little feet!

We did finally hear back from the benefits department, and they aren't going to switch our insurances early, so we won't be delivering the baby in Utah.  I'm kind of relieved, actually, as I've been feeling more and more peaceful and excited about having him at home.  We're still working out the details, but I think Danny and I have all but decided on a homebirth with a midwife.  I'm so excited!  It's going to be amazing...

We leave for Utah tomorrow morning for Easter with my family and Robbie's wedding next week.  The girls are SO excited to see their grandparents and cousins, and Danny and I are anxious to be with our family as well.  This will be our last trip there until Christmas!  I'm sure we'll see some family here when Johnny is born and/or blessed, but it still feels like a long time to be away from home.

4 comments:

5moonbeams4us said...

He has such a cute profile! And wow, you can definitely tell he is all boy. I hope you all have a wonderful and SAFE trip to Utah!

Naomi and Family said...

Hey Katie! What a cute little boy! I thought his long legs were funny too! It makes me think about Evey's ultrasounds, her feet were always always crossed in every single picture no matter how far along I was :) And I am sure everything you are doing IS perfectly rational! ;) Love yah! Hope your having fun! Can't wait to read about week number 22!! And I think a home birth for you will be awesome! I am excited for you!

Justin and Toshi said...

I love the pics of little Johnny! So glad to hear you all are doing well - hope your trip to Utah goes well. Say hello to your family for us!!

C, J, T, and M said...

Um...yeah, It must be a boy thing. Ty make me more uncomfortable every day of his womb life! Im glad things are going well and Im so happy you are excited about your birthing decisions!