Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 23



I know we skipped Week 22, but that was right in the middle of our trip to Utah, and with everything that was going on, I didn't remember to take a picture!  Trust me, not a terrible amount has changed, so I don't think anyone missed anything. ;)

So, Week 23 is upon us, and I'm still feeling really good!  But let's start out with Johnny's "stats": he's right around 11 inches long, and weighs in at just over a pound.  I know he's still liking to stretch out, as I've started to feel those cute little feet under my ribs.  He's quite the acrobat, actually.  I feel him moving all the time, and sometimes with quite a bit of force for one so small!

Again, I'm still feeling pretty good...at the height of the most comfortable trimester of the three!  I'm definitely no longer sick, and I still have quite a bit of mobility.  I have learned something though: that prenatal yoga makes all the difference in how I feel!  I'm trying to be more diligent about getting a walk and 25 minutes of yoga in a day.  Not that it makes a difference in my weight gain or anything.  I did the same thing I did during my last two pregnancies, and made a pretty significant jump in the last couple of weeks.  SO...to that end, I'm done weighing myself!  Obviously I need to eat right and exercise, but this idea that it will keep me from gaining 50 pounds just may be erroneous.  I guess we'll find out at the end how much I gain!

The best update of all is that Danny and I have finally come to a decision on how to bring this baby boy into the world.  After months of thought and prayer, and a trip to the temple to finalize the decision, we've decided that we're going to have Johnny at home, with a wonderful midwife named Ali (AH-LEE)!  I really couldn't be more excited!  I have a healthy anxiety about the birth itself, since I still haven't done the whole deed, but I feel confident that we're doing the right thing by choosing to stay at home.  I have my first appointment with Ali here, at my house, next Wednesday!  I'll never have to sit in the doctor's office for three hours again!  Ali will come to me for everything.  Ah...I've found bliss!

I don't know if it's obvious in the picture, but I also cut 10 inches off my hair while we were in Utah, and I love it!  I figured all that hair would be a little warm during the summer, and I kind of wanted to look like the mother of three children as opposed to the high school junior in a ponytail all the time!  Anyway...I believe that's all...until next week...

3 comments:

Naomi and Family said...

That's really cool! How exciting!! I am so stoked for yah! I can't wait to see your hair in real life! I think you look really good and quite honestly when I saw your picture I thought you looked skinnier this week. It's all baby not you from what I can see! Thanks for sharing this pregnancy with us! It's fun.

The Reynolds said...

I hope this doesn't come out sounding mean at all, but I mostly knew you while you were pregnant with Sophie, so you being pregnant is the Katie Call that I know. Sounds stupid I know, but it makes me happy to see your baby bump. It makes me even happier to know that we'll soon see what a little boy coming from the two of you will look like!

The Green's said...

Hey...where are you in CA? We should really catch up. It's been forever. I need to read your blog but the baby is screaming and the toddler is squirting lotion everywhere so I'll have to do that later. Let me know what your up to.
-Andrea