Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter at Grandma Candy's

Easter was extra special this year.  We were able to go to Utah for Easter and General Conference at my Mom's before we started the wedding week for Robbie and Kris.  It also just so happened that Jeff and Jami and the kids were planning to be at Grandma Candy's too, so we had almost everyone there!  (We missed you, Heather and Jessie!)

We started the morning out with Easter baskets and an egg hunt with the cousins.  We had just gotten into town really late the night before after a LONG road trip, which took over 11 hours and included too much traffic and vomiting.  But the girls had a blast!



Sophie's a little skeptical about the socks...


Claire is a little more into the sock action!


Claire was really more into things overall.  "Daddy Look!  A Pony!" :)


And the hunt begins...  Claire really enjoyed the finding part.  Sophie, however, quickly figured out that the eggs were filled with assorted goodies, at which point she would hunker down with each egg as she found it to partake of its Easter goodness...


Happy Easter, Uncle Jeff!


My girls seriously love their cousins.  The problem is, they are always playing and it's hard to get a good picture of them when they're so busy!  This is Tali with Sophie, who no doubt sees another egg to potentially add to her sugar high!

Easter is the time that we all reflect on the wonderful gift of the Atonement, and the miracle of the Resurrection.  Never has this holiday meant more to me and my family than this year, as we were missing our dear Rachel so much.  In so many ways, it was difficult to be back at Mom's and all together again, as it reminded us all of December.  After dinner on Easter Sunday, we all dyed eggs.  We assembled a little tree and went again, as a family, to my little sister's grave.  Oh, it hurts so much to even write that!



We miss you Rachel!  I am so grateful for my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know where my sister is and what she is doing.  And more than that, I know that she too will live again, with all of us, and our family will have the privilege of being together for eternity.  It is in that testimony that all my comfort lies.  It is that faith that keeps us all going.  I know my Savior lives!

2 comments:

C, J, T, and M said...

Im glad you guys enjoyed the trip. Im sure Rachel was there the whole time. What an incredible lesson to teach your children about death and resurrection. It gets a lot easier over time. The pain starts to dull and is replaced by joy and only good, painless memories. :)
PS. you look great! Little boy Call looks good in his momma!

loriellen said...

I love you Katie!