Friday, April 30, 2010

Week 25


I have to say, I feel like the weeks are actually moving along quite quickly this pregnancy!  I feel like I'm forgetting to take my picture and write these weekly posts more and more often!  It always feels like I just did it...

This has been a pretty good week.  I had a pretty hard time with the pain that seemed to start in my pubic bone at the end of last week and migrated to my pelvis and hips.  But finally on Wednesday, I woke up to no pain and have been feeling MUCH better and have been significantly more mobile.  I've felt pretty lazy, since I have been waiting to resume walks until I could walk again (go figure!).  But even more than that, I'm totally scared to go walking now!  I've been talking to some neighbors, and apparently the snakes are out in full force and I have been strongly advised to not walk in the field around the house.  But there isn't anywhere else to walk!  I've procrastinated figuring out a solution to that problem, since I was in too much pain to walk anyway.  But I have until Monday to solve that problem, cause I HAVE to get the exercise I need!

Shall we see where Johnny's development is?  According to babycenter.com, at 25 weeks my baby boy is about a pound and a half, with 13 1/2 inches to his name!  He's starting to get some more fat under that developing skin, so I'm sure we'll see some significant increases in size from week to week for the next while. Go Johnny!  He's still very active, which is always comforting to me.  As long as he's kicking around, he's okay.

I also have dedicated some more time this week to the homework that Ali gave me at our last visit.  I've read and signed all the paperwork that I need to have ready for her, except for writing my informed consent essay.  I also watched some of the birthing DVDs that Ali lent me; particularly the water births.  Claire got up from her nap a little early and finished watching them with me.  She LOVED it!  She has talked about nothing else for days.  In fact, she even "helped" Sophie have a baby while they were in the bathtub!  She was very encouraging, telling Sophie that she was doing such a good job, and "Oh!  Look!  Now the head is coming out!"  Do we have a midwife or doula in the making?  :)  I'm really glad that Claire is seeing birth as such a natural phenomenon, and that we will always be able to talk about exactly how babies come out of their mommies' tummies.  Danny and I are thinking that we'll play it by ear, but we are considering letting Claire be around for my birth.  We'll have to see how she does...

Danny and I also watched the same DVD together, and Danny was pleasantly surprised by how NOT horrible it was to watch! ;)  It's so different to watch these births compared to what we are exposed to in the media and in those terrifying health videos we all watch in high school.  There isn't any of the screaming or fear that is usually so prevalent when witnessing birth, especially the "natural" (unmedicated) sort taking place in a hospital.  It's so peaceful and quiet, and while the mother is obviously working very hard, she also seems totally capable and powerful.  It always leaves me with the feeling of "I can do that too!"

I suppose another picture and weekly post are just around the corner!  Considering it's already Friday again... ;)  Until next time...  

No comments: