Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines Day

We had a pretty low key Valentine's Day here at the Call house.  We split our celebration between Saturday and Monday.  Sunday, which was actually Valentine's Day, was such a hectic and busy day, there really isn't anything Valentine's-ish to report for that day!

Saturday was a gorgeous Southern California spring day!  I started off the day by doing my first Primary Activity since being called into the presidency.  It went really well!  We had a Valentine's Day celebration, in which I taught the kids how to line dance to "The Cha-Cha Slide" by Mr. C (so fun!), Sister Perez helped the kids get their craft on and make Valentines, and Sister Paul provided the culinary entertainment by helping the kids decorate their own cupcake, chocolate covered pretzels, caramel apples, and even a heart-shaped PPJ sandwich!  After I got home, Danny and I took the kids outside to enjoy the 70+ degrees and we played and cleaned the Jeep.  Then Danny treated us (and completely surprised me!) by taking us to.....


Now, this might seem mundane, but it couldn't be less so!  See, I'd been craving one of these delicious burritos of joy, and so consequently this early Valentine's dinner was culinary ecstasy with extra guacamole!  And no, I'm not over exaggerating it.  It was SOOOO good!  On our way home, we needed to do some shopping and Danny surprised the girls and I yet again that evening and came out to the car with these:



Danny also got a beautiful orange rose for Sophie...it lasted less than 5 seconds, but she loved every single one of those seconds as she tore it to shreds!  I couldn't get a picture before the slaughter was complete...

Monday was another beautiful day, which we spent outside again as well as getting some projects done around the house.  Then it was dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.  Mmmmm...buffalo wings and ribs...

All in all, it was a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I have the most wonderful husband and beautiful girls ever.  Anything on top of that for any holiday is just a bonus.  Love you guys!

No comments: