Thursday, September 30, 2010

To my Sophie, on her birthday...

Happy second birthday, Sophie-kins!

Wow, you're two years old already!  This last year has gone by so quickly, with so many huge changes.  It literally seems like yesterday that you were just a year old, barely walking and still my baby.  Now you never stop moving, and you're already a big sister!


It was two years ago, to the time that I'm writing this post, that you were born.  The last month of my pregnancy with you was so difficult for me.  I was huge and uncomfortable, and it was still so hot outside!  We had planned your c-section, but I had high hopes for you to come early.  But alas, you did not!  And now that I know more, I think you would have been content inside me for a while longer.  :)  Finally, the morning came and we went to the hospital where we waited for what seemed like forever for them to take me back to the OR.  I was SO excited to meet you!  I made a special request to my OB that I get to see you as soon as you were born.  I didn't get to see Claire until she was all cleaned up, but Dr. Thorpe was good enough to lower my curtain so I could peek at you while you were fresh from my womb.  You were so big!  But I could tell from the minute I saw you how beautiful you were.  Your Daddy and I were surprised to learn how big you were!  My healthy little girl was finally here!  I had to wait an agonizing three hours to get to hold you, but when they finally put you in my arms, I was able to see how truly beautiful you were.  I spent as much time as I could those first few days just holding you and looking at you.  I would love to do the same now, if you'd just hold still... :)

You have always been so energetic.  Which was quite the change from our experience with Claire.  But with that energy comes a love for life that is truly contagious.  You make your Dad and I laugh every day, and you keep your sister on her toes!  

1 Year Old

The last year has been incredible for our family, and you've grown so much during that time.  Your Daddy always says, "That Sophie is such a sweetheart.".  And he's right.  You're always quick to give hugs and kisses for no reason, and you're always loving after you get in trouble.  :)  You've spent this last year idolizing and imitating EVERYTHING that Claire does, and let me tell you, you're a quick learner!  Never have I known a child to be more determined and intelligent at the same time.  You figure out a way to get into anything you want.  Baby-proofing the house has taken on a whole new meaning with you around, Anne-kins!

Two Years Old


You are such a beautiful little girl!  Everyone at church loves you, and family members fight over who gets to play with you first.  Your Dad and I love your big beautiful brown eyes, but we especially love your beautiful curly hair!  While we were at Aunt Rachel's funeral, we saw a picture of her when she was your age, and you two looked identical!  We weren't positive it wasn't a picture of you.  Aunt Rachel grew up to be so beautiful, we're nervous to see how beautiful you're going to be.  :)

Sophie, you are such a joy in my life!  You're also one of my biggest frustrations! :)  But I love when you run into my room in the morning and say "Hey Mama, Hey!", and I think it's secretly cute how bossy you are to everyone ("It's my turn...OKAY!)  You have so much personality in that little body of yours.  I love how much you love Johnny, and how you are always concerned about where he is and whether or not he has his binky.  You couldn't make your Daddy and I happier.  We feel so privileged to be your parents, and recognize the trust Heavenly Father put in us when he sent you to our family.  We love you, Sweetheart, and  can't wait for this next year of adventures.  Happy Birthday, Sophie!

No comments: