Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Johnny's Blessing

It's such a wonderful day when you bless your baby.  Danny had a business trip in Utah during the third week of September, so instead of leaving me at home with the kids, he took us all with him!  We figured there wasn't going to be a better opportunity to bless Johnny.  Due to some scheduling conflicts, we ended up getting to do it at Grandma and Grandpa Call's house.  What an awesome experience that was!  I think I might be doing my future blessings at home as well.  The Spirit was so strong, and it was considerably less stressful!

We had almost all our family present.  Jeff and Jami and their family came from Colorado for the event, which was so much fun!  We were only missing Robbie and Kris, as well as Heather, Baron, and Roman.  My Dad and Ruth Ann weren't able to attend either, but considering how big our families are getting, we were pleased with the turnout!  I'm even sure Rachel was there, though we missed her being on our side of the veil. 

It was a big day for Johnny.  He started the day with his first real bath!  Before now, due to his healing umbilical cord and then circumcision, he's only had sponge baths.  He quite enjoys being in the warm water!  Can you blame him?


Daddy did the honors...


There are few things in this world that are better than a freshly bathed and lotioned baby wrapped in a towel.


Once everyone was ready, we headed over to the Call's house.  Then it was time for Johnny to don his spiffy white tux!  This was Mama's favorite part, aside from the blessing itself, of course. :)



Danny did a wonderful job blessing his son.  It was so awesome to see the number of excellent Priesthood holders that my son will have as examples and mentors to learn from and follow as he grows.  


Every family event needs food.  We had quite the delicious spread, too!  Though I was remiss to photograph our bounteous feast.  Words will have to do.  Uncle Matt smoked a pork roast for us, and we had the most delicious BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches.  We had fruit and fruit dip, of course,  and Grandma Call made three incredible pasta salads using fresh ingredients from her garden.  Yum!  We finished off the meal with a scrumptious chocolate cake in Johnny's honor.  We all ate our fill...and then some...

I have a few family pictures from the event, but Aunt Susie took the best pictures, as she's our newest photographer in the family!  I'll post those later.  But for now, this was the best I could do:



Johnny and Great Grandma Call


I'm so grateful for my husband and my children.  I can't believe this family we've made in just four short years.  I love having the gospel as the cornerstone of our family, and am grateful for the ordinances and covenants that protect us and provide so much comfort in our lives.  It was a wonderful day full of family.  And those are my favorite days.

2 comments:

Justin and Toshi said...

Oh my goodness such a BEAUTIFUL family! I love the pics and so happy you were able to bless Johnny with family all around! Makes me ancy for my own little guy to get here!!!

Naomi and Family said...

How wonderful!! I think he looks so handsome in his sweet little tux! I totally agree with you about freshly bathed and lotion babies! A little piece of heaven on earth! Congratulations guys!!