Friday, November 11, 2016

Seven Months


These are getting harder and harder to write. The months are just screaming by! It has always been a little heartbreaking to watch my babies grow up (except maybe for Luke), but Joey takes it to a whole new level. It's probably because he's the last one, and I'm just struggling with the idea that he's the last snuggly baby I'm going to get.


But goodness, he's so cute! He's all personality these days. When I was pregnant with him, I had this sense that Joey was going to be an impish little boy...a bit mischievous but too cute to get in trouble for anything. Well, we're seeing that come to fruition! He has definitely formed some strong opinions about things, and he has no problem letting us all know about it. :) He's quite the distraction everywhere we go...but most especially at church. I'm going to have to start sitting in the back row so that we don't distract the whole ward sitting behind us! 

We're still trying to get this boy to eat more. I took him in for his weight check and he gained almost exactly a pound...just like he has for the last 3 months. He clocked in at 16 lbs 14.5 ounces. I know he's getting bigger though, because I'm having to move him up in clothing. I'm not as worried about him anymore, but I would love to be done with the pumping. But if I start easing up at all I noticed a marked decrease in my already tenuous supply. I am hoping that when I take him in for his 9 month appointment Dr. Stewart is cool with me starting him on cow's milk. Then I can stop pumping and just let my supply be what it will be...until it's gone. Until then, I'll keep on pumping.

Joey loves people. Everyone. He always has such sweet smiles for the people that stop to say hi, and he will even occasionally give some sweet snuggles along with that smile! He has started to play favorites with his big brother and sisters, but he's good about spreading the favoritism equally. One minute, he only wants Johnny. The next its all about Sophie and her pink Minky blanket. And then he'll leap out of my arms to give Claire a big, slobbery kiss. He is still my Mama's boy, but he's gotten rather playful with his Daddy. And he still tracks him down as soon as we walk into church. I think he's figured out that Dad is always in the same place. :) This boy owns our hearts. All of them.


A few more things about our Poseph at seven months:

*Still rocking the size 3 diapers
*In more 9 month clothes than 6-9 month
*Finally rolling over!!
*Getting more confident sitting, but I still don't leave him without something soft behind him
*Loves his apple juice bottles
*Still puts everything in his mouth
*Still clearly has a fabric fetish ;)


Oh Poseph, we love you so much!!

No comments: