Thursday, September 1, 2016

Joey's First Haircut!

Literally since his first moment of life, Joey's hair as been epic. I have loved running my fingers through his luscious, thick curls as I feed him. I've loved how curly his hair gets after his sweaty naps! It's definitely been something that is unique to Joey. But over the last couple of weeks, I've come to terms with the fact that it was going to have to get cut. And soon. The back and top were growing completely straight, and he was getting quite the rattail in the back!


But it was as he was sleeping in my arms and I was playing with his hair that I realized how ridiculous it had become. I made decision. Tonight was the night. Joey was getting his first haircut!


My resolved wavered once I had those clippers in my hands! Could I really do it? It was Danny that pushed me over the edge. He's been wanting to cut Joey's hair for a while now. He told me it was going to have to happen eventually, it might as well be now. I couldn't argue with that logic, so I took my first swipe with the clippers. I saw those curls fall and was just sick. But it was too late now!! Joey was a champ and didn't fuss at all. I was doing all the fussing for the both of us! Well, me and Johnny. I hadn't thought to tell the kids that I was going to cut Joey's hair, but Johnny could see us from his room and he was heartbroken! I went and talked to him for a minute, and he was just beside himself that his Joseph wasn't going to be his Joseph anymore. Sweet boy! I promised him when I was done he could give Joey kisses and see that he was still the same Joseph.

I cut Joey's hair the longest length I could manage...and this was just a portion of what we cut off! 


He certainly looked different!!! But still so handsome! 


I won't lie or sugar-coat it. I was having some serious hair-cutting remorse! I cried when we went to bed that my baby was gone. I was so upset...I shouldn't have done it! But when I got Joey dressed the next morning, I couldn't deny how incredibly handsome and grown up he looked. And so much more like his brothers! I felt a lot better...the only sadness left was realizing that he was one step closer to not being my Baby Joey anymore.

But oh my goodness...what a stud!

No comments: