Friday, September 30, 2016

September iMoments


These are my afternoons. Just me and (most) of my boys. I know I'll miss these days when they're gone.


We have a picture of Danny and Luke that is almost identical to this one...right down to the jammies! We love watching Joseph grow up and love him while remembering Luke through him.


September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month, and this year Kneaders ran a promotion. All of the proceeds from every elephant cookie they sold went to Huntsman Cancer Research, right here in Utah. It's there that they are researching how elephants can help us cure cancer. We had to get our Lukey cookies! And so many of our friends did the same. :)


Jessie and her family moved to South Carolina this month! It is a dream come true for Jessie to live our there, and we're so excited for their new adventure!


Sophie and I enjoyed a "Mom and Sophie Date" while we shopped for her baptism dress. We even got lunch! I don't get to spend enough time with my sweet Anne Girl...


We finished the Book of Helaman! And we've maintained the streak of not missing a single night of reading. Go us! To celebrate, we made cantaloupe sorbet using the garden cantaloupes. It. Was. Divine!


Johnny found a special friend in the lettuce from the garden. He built him a home and everything! He lived a grand total of one day. :)


Danny lives for this...his naps with our babies. I picked the best Dad for my kids.


Sporting the "5 Months" tie! And it looks like it's time for another haircut. :)


Crazy Hair Day!



Danny and I decided to be wild and crazy and we bought tickets to the Def Leppard and REO Speedwagon concert! We went with friends from Danny's work, and we had an absolute blast!



While we were at the concert, the kids had pizza movie night with Ruby and Lucy. Then they went to spend the night with Grandma and Papa. Papa took them to Aunt Julie's Shakespeare play on Saturday morning and these are the crazy kids we got back!


After four long years, our ward did another Super Saturday. I love what I made this year!


Sophie got to have her Game Day date with Daddy for the home opener against UCLA!


I {heart} suspenders. :)


Sophie's birthday present from Grandma and Papa was to go see "Beauty and the Beast" at Hale Center Theater. Sophie absolutely loved the play!


"Bring on the zombies, Mom. I got this."


Johnny has become obsessed with chess. He loves the game! And this was the moment when he legit beat Danny. :)


I tried my hand at peach freezer jam! It tastes delicious, though it's more syrup than jam. I'll have to find a new recipe next time. :)


Claire and I enjoyed the General Women's Meeting with Grandma Candy and Isabelle this year. I love this meeting! It always fills my bucket. And I love that I get to share the experience with the women in my family.


A huge part of Claire's 4th grade experience will be book reports. She has one due every month! Her first report was on the book "Foxcraft". She begged to get this book for Christmas last year, but I couldn't get her to finish it! Well, she finally did...and got 100% on her report!!

No comments: