Sunday, September 11, 2016

Five Months


Time just keeps on marching along! Joseph is five months old already! I'm dreading next month, when he'll be half way to one year old and I won't have a baby anymore! But we'll write about that month when that month happens. :) For now, let's talk about Joey being five months old and every bit my baby! 

First of all, let's address the on-going saga of Joey's weight! I took him in for a weight check, and we hit 15 lbs! I won't lie, I was hoping for a bit more. But that was the lowest weight I would be happy with, so I'm happy. Getting his weight up has ruled my world for the past month. I nurse Joey, and then I pump...all for usually less than an ounce of milk. Then we try to get him to eat some cereal a couple of times a day. During our vacation, I didn't bother with the pumping or cereal at all. And really, until last week, my efforts at the cereal were sporadic at best. It was so hard to spend 30 minutes trying to get him to swallow anything! Between nursing and pumping, I just couldn't spend the time it took to get him to eat an amount of any caloric significance. But we started in earnest last week, and he's doing much better! And next month he can start solids for real, and I remain optimistic that will yield some poundage. :)

Joey is still a rock star when it comes to sleeping at night, and on the days when we're home he loves his naps in his crib...right on schedule. We've been really busy this month, between vacation and then the craziness of getting the big kids ready for school. And Joey has definitely shown me that he prefers our quiet days at home where he can embrace his routine. Poor kid...those days seem to be far and few anymore. 

Joey is such an inquisitive child, and I love seeing the wonder in his eyes as he observes his surroundings. I love hearing him talk in the morning when he's woken up for the day, and my favorite moment of any day is when he sees me for the first time and gets so excited! He loves when the kids get home from school, and I think he's finally noticed Maese. :) He has also gotten good at finding Dad on the stand on Sundays, and he'll just stare at him! He looks far too grown up with that hair cut, and is still every bit of a distraction every where we go. Every woman, young or old, HAS to get a good look at him! It's likely a burden he will always bear. ;)


Some more about our Poseph at 5 months:

*Still in size 2 diapers and 6 month clothes
*Those eyes are definitely brownish now :)
*Has mastered the grabbing of toys
*Has a total fabric fetish...he has to suck on every bit of fabric he can!
*Is particularly fond of my pajama shirt :)
*Has rolled from his stomach to his back a total of 3 times
*Doing much better with tummy time
*Is our first official blanket baby
*Loves his Star Wars and BYU blankets...but the BYU one is his absolute favorite. No surprises here!


I don't know about this whole growing up thing, Joseph. Oh wait, yes I do! It makes my heart hurt!! But you are such a joy to watch grow, and we are all loving seeing more and more of your sweet personality. Maybe you can stretch this month out a little bit for me? Love you, Sweet Boy!

No comments: