Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Johnny's First Field Trip

Johnny has been waiting years for his chance to go to Black Island Farms! He knew it would be his first field trip of Kindergarten, and he asked me if I would come be a parent volunteer. How could I resist? Danny took some time off of work and stayed home with Joseph and even took Sophie to her well-child check up so I could go spend the morning with Johnny. What a great Dad!

It was a beautiful morning!! If anything, it was a little warm. :) We took a ride through the corn fields, and got educated as to the cultivation of carrots and cabbage. We got to pick our own pumpkins and learned about what "broom corn" is. It was really neat!





Then it was time to play! It was fun to watch Johnny with his friends. One of my biggest concerns for Johnny was how he would adjust to the social interactions between boys. He spends so much time with girls! But he's made a best friend already, Cannon, and a couple other good friends...like Paxton. He's also come good friends with William, and he was in our group so we spend most of the play time with him. 







It was such a wonderful field trip, and a great opportunity for me to not only spend some time with Johnny, but to see him away from me and just being a kid. Turns out, he's a pretty awesome little guy. :)

No comments: