Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation

On June 3rd, Claire graduated Kindergarten!  I'll tell you something, I sat in that gymnasium and marveled at how fast the year went.  It really had seemed like no time at all had passed from the first day of school, when I saw her run confidently into class and I cried all the way home.  I know Claire's first school year was the most stressful year we have experienced as a family, and because of that I feel like I missed Claire being in Kindergarten. :(  Luckily, Claire is such a forgiving child, I know she won't hold it against me.  

Claire was so excited for her program, and had practiced her parts over and over.  She was also so very excited to wear her shirt that had her name on it.  It was a project they worked on in class about a week before the program.  It was kind of a big deal. :)


Claire did an awesome job!  She sang nice and loud, and new all the movements.  Both Danny and I watched her in awe of how big our baby girl has become...






Then the big moment!  Graduation!  She didn't trip or anything, so that was a relief for her. :)  


We were all so proud of our Claire Bear!  One year down...12 more to go!  Then college...but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. :)


Claire's kindergarten was Spanish Immersion.  This means that half of the day's instruction was done in Spanish, and half in English.  Claire's teacher, Mrs. Maria, is actually from Spain.  She came here to the United States specifically do work in the SI (Spanish Immersion) program.  In Spain, she teaches Spanish-speaking elementary school students English, and she wanted to see how the reverse worked.  Claire absolutely adored Mrs. Maria.  And I'm not sure how they worked it out, but when Mrs. Maria needed a substitute, the kids got Mr. Danny...Mrs. Maria's husband!  She loved them both, and I felt fortunate that she had such a wonderful teacher...and substitute.  Mrs. Maria and Mr. Danny headed back to Spain after the school year, and Claire was sad to see them go.  Adios, Senora Maria y Senor Danny! :)


What a wonderful year for Claire.  I hope I can be a bit more involved in her first grade year, but I know Claire has no complaints about Kindergarten.  She had a wonderful teacher, made amazing friends, and learned a ton!  We're proud of you, Claire!  You're a wonderful student!

No comments: