Monday, September 9, 2013

Remembering

Memorial Day is about remembering our loved ones who have left this life and gone on to the next.  It is particularly meant to remember those men and women who have died protecting our freedoms.  I do honor and appreciate those courageous men and women.  Most of my Memorial Day, however, is spent thinking about my little sister Rachel.  

On the Sunday before Memorial Day, May 26th, my local family met at Rachel's grave to leave flowers and remember her.  My girls look forward to the times we take flowers to Aunt Rachel, and I look forward to telling them about my sister.  Danny and I appreciate the opportunity it presents to teach our children about the Plan of Salvation.

What was extra fun about this visit is that because it was outside, we got to take Luke along!  There are so few things we have been able to do as an entire family.  And Luke just LOVES seeing the world outside our home and his hospital rooms!  Especially cute cousins!


Speaking of cute, I can't get enough of the hat!


Isabelle and Claire are the only ones to really remember Rachel, though Sophie feels very connected to her.  My girls talk about Aunt Rachel all the time!  I love that we can extend our relationships beyond the veil.  I know that Rachel stays involved in our lives from where she's at!


We had fun taking pictures together, and talking about Rachel.  We cleaned her headstone and placed her flowers.  It was really nice to be there together.






Rachel, we miss you every day!  We're one more Memorial Day closer to being together again.  We love you!

No comments: