Friday, September 13, 2013

May Days

May was quite the month for us!  Between Luke coming and going from the hospital and the emotional roller coaster that is, and Claire and Luke's birthdays, and Memorial Day...there were a lot of happenings!  But somehow, amid all the craziness there were moments of normalcy.  Just nice family moments.  I wanted to make sure that I remembered to document some of those moments, and not just the crazy big events.

Even though Luke went to the hospital quite a bit in May, he also spent a decent amount of time at home.  Enough time that he started doing normal kid stuff!  Danny and I are certain that his favorite part of being home is being with Claire, Sophie, and Johnny again.  They are seriously his best medicine.  And it literally heals our hearts to see all our children together, just being kids.


May also brought the beginning of summer.  Our first summer with a backyard all our own!  The kids had so much fun playing in the water, and I loved that they would go outside and play together. :)



On the evening of Claire's birthday, a nice summer storm rolled in.  Just after the kids had gone to bed, this beautiful rainbow came out. 


 I don't know that I've seen many full rainbows before, and it was breathtaking.  I went in to see if Claire was awake, and since she was I brought her out to see this amazing sight.  I told her the story about Noah and the Ark, and that the rainbow is a promise from Heavenly Father that the earth would never again be flooded.


After I tucked Claire back into bed, I went back out to enjoy the rainbow.  I was thinking about the Lord's promise, and the world seemed so right in that moment.  My little boy was home, and he was getting better.  My whole family was home!  The summer was quickly approaching, and with it the sunshine and late evenings and family cookouts.  I couldn't help but feel the promise of a wonderful summer, and many good memories to come.  Even with the tumultuous nature of the month, our May Days were pretty amazing.

No comments: