Monday, September 9, 2013

Preschool Program

The day after Luke's birthday, May 20th, was the Preschool Program for Sophie and Johnny.  Since Danny got to go last year while I was home recovering from having Luke, I got to go this year while Danny sat in the car and held Luke. :)  The kids were so excited to sing their songs.  Both Johnny and Sophie had been practicing, quite loudly I might add, for days beforehand.  I was expecting a show!

Turns out, two-year-olds are unpredictable. :)  Johnny was NOT into the idea of performing that day!  This was pretty much his face during the entire performance!  I would have been mad if I hadn't been laughing so hard. :)  


Sophie, on the other hand, was ready!  This was her second performance, after all.  She was basically a pro.  Cutest.  Pro.  Ever!


And John Boy is nothing if not stubborn. :)


Very stubborn!  He absolutely refused to sing even his favorite song..."Skittermarink-a-dink-a-dink".


But he did warm up just a titch for the "I Love You" song. :)


Because Sophie was in the older class, she got to have a part in the older kids' program.  I don't think she had a speaking part, but she did a wonderful job of holding her bird on a stick!


One of the perks of going to school at Grandma's school is having cousins for classmates.  Sophie, Ruby, and Johnny really developed a friendship during their time in school together.  


While we obviously love Grandma best, all of the teachers are awesome.  But Mrs. Rowley is a certain kind of special.  I can't quite put into words what makes her so amazing, but I've heard it said that she's the "heart of the school".  She really is.  I'm glad I took the chance to grab a picture, because as it turned out she moved with her family to Alaska!  This was her last program.  We miss her so much already.


Danny and I feel so blessed to have the preschool available to us.  It was one of the major reasons we moved back home from California.  Our children have learned so much, and it's an added bonus that they get so much time their with Grandma and cousins!  What a great year, and we look forward to another one in the Fall!

No comments: