Thursday, September 29, 2011

Danny's Birthday

Danny turned 29 last Thursday, the 22nd.  As he puts it, he's "knockin' on 30". :)  I made sure to start his day off right with a big breakfast.  He had scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, and OJ.  This is a big deal not only because of the food, but because I got up early and made it for him!  I had big aspirations when we were first married to be the world's best wife, and I woke up with Danny every morning and made him breakfast.  That lasted until I was too morning sick with Claire to keep it up.  He enjoyed a hot breakfast at my hands for about a month of our marriage. :)  So, he was all that more grateful for this first and delicious birthday treat.

While he was getting through his day at work, the kids and I were busy getting ready for his birthday bash that evening.  We hung up a banner, wrapped some presents, and got things ready for his yummy birthday dinner.  Chicken Cacciatore!  We enjoyed dinner as soon as Danny got home, followed by presents.  The kids were so excited!


Johnny got his Daddy a fun Nerf dart gun.  Both of the boys were pretty excited about that!


Sophie knows her Daddy very well, and so got him a Nerf football.  Daddy loved it!



And Claire wanted to get her Daddy something that the two of them could do together.  She picked this really fun game.  Little did we know that Danny remembered playing this game when he was little!


They all had a fun time playing together, which is exactly what the kids had in mind when shopping for Daddy.  They played the game Claire got him, but I think they had the most fun shooting things around the room with the Nerf gun.  I swear Danny reverted to a 9 year-old with that gun.  After the kids went to bed, it was me and the cat that served at targets. :)


Danny decided he didn't want a full cake for his birthday, so instead we tried OBB's Molten Lava Cakes.  They were amazing!  And if you can believe it, they actually tasted better than they looked. :)


Happy Birthday, Daddy!  We love you so much!  You're the best Dad and husband in the whole wide world, and we're so glad you are ours.  Here's to another year of our awesome life together!

3 comments:

David and Camillia said...

I am glad he was able to have a good birthday. It made me laugh when you said he reverted back to a 9 year old with the nerf gun that is so something David would do. Love it! :) Yummy dessert I am going to have to try that one.

The Short Family said...

Your dessert looks very professional. Awesome. Happy Birthday to Danny.

Jo said...

Ah.. Happy Birthday to Danny. I love that idea of having the kids get something that they'd like to do with him. I'm going to have to do that with Grant. Katie, you constantly amaze me. One day when I grow up I want to be just like you!!! For reals.