Thursday, March 3, 2011

6 Months

17 lbs. 9 oz. ~ 60th percentile
28 1/2 inches ~ 97th percentile
Head circumference: 17 3/4 inches ~ 85th percentile

I'm getting a little worried about Johnny's hearing.  I keep telling him to stop growing up, and clearly he can't hear me.

Six months already!  That's half a year!  Before I know it, he's going to be one and I won't have my snuggly little baby boy anymore.  Ugh, that makes my heart ache!  I just love this little guy.  I seriously want him to be my baby forever.

But he just keeps growing up!  And, admittedly, he does get more fun.  He's so interactive right now.  He loves playing with anything and everything and everyone!  Most of the time, anyway.  Sometimes he just wants his Mama!  I love that.  :)

Johnny has gone through a lot of changes this month.  He's become mobile, and he's cut his first two teeth!  And boy, are they sharp little teeth.  He's my first baby to make me bleed.  Ouch.  I don't know if it's all these changes in his life or what, but he's not sleeping like he used to.  He wakes up a few times a night now, and sometimes won't go back to sleep unless he's in bed with me.  Part of me suspects he just likes to be with me.

Johnny was finally discharged from physical therapy this month.  Yay!  It was getting a little pricey.  :)  And he's looking great, according to Dr. Edralin.  At his check-up yesterday, Dr. Edralin commented on how long he is.  I was concerned that he had dropped so significantly on the weight growth curve, but the doctor didn't seem worried.  He reminded me that all Johnny's activity is burning more calories than it used to, which makes sense.  Looks like he's going to be like his sisters...tall and skinny! :)  


Here's a look at what has changed, and stayed the same, with our Little Man:

*Wears size 3 diapers
*Wears size 3 shoes, when he wears them... :)
*Wears mostly 9 month clothes, but is working into 12 month
*Rolls EVERYWHERE!
*Is able to scoot and shimmy anywhere he wants to go, in any direction.  He's almost crawling!
*Seems to prefer sleeping on his tummy now.
*Got his first two teeth!
*Loves his oatmeal with fruit juice, as well as sweet potatoes and bananas
*Still loves to give Mama kisses
*Loves sitting in his high chair and playing while Mama cooks or cleans
*Is able to sit on his own for a good minute or so before he tips to one side
*Starting to exhibit some stranger anxiety, and gets really anxious if he can't get back to Mama
*Loves playing on the floor and rolling around with Claire and Sophie
*Likes to pull his sisters' hair! :)


You're an absolute joy to have in our life, John-Boy!  Now, listen to Mama and stop growing up so fast.  I mean it!


4 comments:

Robbieandkris said...

Words can't even express the huge amount of cuteness that boy holds! :)

David and Camillia said...

He is so cute! He is growing up so fast. Its a good thing you have a blog or we wouldnt be able to recognize any of your kids when we see you again. :) Hope you had a good birthday!!

The Short Family said...

He has so much hair. I LOVE it.

5moonbeams4us said...

Katie, he will always be your baby boy. Sam is 4 and I still just sit and hold him. It doesn't work so well with Forest and Jacob as they are almost 14 and 13, but they still will give me hugs and tell me they love me.