Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Claire's First Talk

Claire gave her first talk in Primary on Sunday.  She did such an amazing job!  I was so proud of her.  She spoke loudly and clearly, and wasn't even nervous a little bit.  She's been waiting since she gave the prayer in Primary about a month ago.  She was SO upset that her assignment to give the prayer wasn't an assignment to give the talk!  But since I make the assignments, I had to give it some time so it didn't look like I was playing favorites.  :)  I love Claire's enthusiasm for the gospel!  She was so excited to have Daddy help her prepare and give her talk.  I have to be honest, I stood in the back of the room and cried.  That was my baby up there, teaching her friends the precious truths of the gospel.  When did she grow up?  Time is just going by so fast.

Here's what Claire had to say:


My Heavenly Father has a plan for me.  We can learn about this plan in the scriptures.  When I read the Book of Mormon every night with my family, I learn more about Heavenly Father's plan.

We all lived with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ before we came to this earth.  Heavenly Father sent us to this earth so that we could show him that we would be obedient to his commandments.  Heavenly Father has given me a family to help me learn how to be obedient.  I know that if I am obedient and repent I can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus and my family forever.

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus love me.  I am grateful for Primary so that I can learn what I need to do to return to live with them.  I love my family.  I know this church is true.  And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

3 comments:

Robbieandkris said...

I bet she did a fantastic job!!!

Jo said...

Good work kiddo! I love those little ones talks in Primary!! That was my favorite part when I was primary pres...the Sunbeams and the 4 year olds. Loved it.

David and Camillia said...

How cute! I cant believe she is big enough to give a talk. So fun!