Thursday, December 2, 2010

O Christmas Tree

Thanksgiving day came and went.  All too fast...not that my waistline is complaining.  And with the passing of Thanksgiving came the ushering in of Christmas!  As is the tradition with most families, the Christmas decorations came out on Friday.  Last year Danny had to work, but this year he was able to stay home.  I was grateful for his presence, if only for the added height! ;)


It wasn't only Danny's help I appreciated this year.  Claire and Sophie were such good helpers!  Claire helped me organize all the branches to our artificial tree in color-coded piles, and then she and Sophie brought them to Danny and I.  It was so cool to be able to decorate for Christmas as a family.  I even had the Jazz Holiday station on Pandora playing in the background.  And I'm not much for Christmas music.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it!  I just don't listen to it in June, and I'm wonderfully grateful when the radio stations finally quit playing it. :)




And here's a glance at what the Call house looks like all dressed up for Christmas 2010:
Note: There are no ornaments on the tree this year.  We decided it was more important to not spend the entire month yelling at Sophie. :)




I'm so excited to have a mantel and stocking holders for our stockings this year!  Only problem is we're short one stocking.  Hmmm...guess Mom and Dad are sharing one this year. :)



It was a lot of fun decorating the house this year.  I'm definitely getting more into the holiday spirit as the years go by!  It'll be fun to see what our home will look like a few Christmases from now...

3 comments:

David and Camillia said...

Very cute! Its nice that the girls are old enough to help out.

Justin and Toshi said...

LOVE all of your decorations! We put up our tree too and so far Taija hasn't pulled off any of the ornaments (not saying much as we don't have very many on the tree)!

Robbieandkris said...

Your house is so beautiful!!! I bet it was nice putting everything up as a family.