Friday, May 28, 2010

Week 29



First of all, I was totally disappointed when I lost track of how far along I was this week!  I could have SWORN I was 30 weeks, only to realize I was off by a week.  Bummer.  :)  Babystep to labor...

I feel obligated to warn those reading that this will probably seem like a post of complaints!  :)  However, in an effort to document history, I feel it is my duty to report things as they are!  And things have just kind of started going downhill this week, or at least it seems to me.

I think more than anything else, Johnny has had a bit of a growth spurt.  He should be about 2 1/2 pounds and about 15 inches long (though again, that is an average estimate, so we'd be safe to assume he's bigger than that!)  In the last week, I've been able to feel him taking up almost every inch of my insides!  And it's reminded me what the third trimester was like with Sophie.  I was so uncomfortable at the end!  It's going to be the same with Johnny.  

And then to add to that, my darned pubic bone is acting up again.  It's been pure torture!  I honestly feel like my crotch is going to split in two!  I was awake all night last night with the pain, and I worry about how the next few months will be.  I think I'm going to have to start looking into some chiropractic work, since that is what I hear is about the only thing you can do for this particular pregnancy discomfort.  Either way, I shall endure.  I don't have any choice, really!

I've realized with more emphasis this week that I have to be more diligent about my spiritual preparations.  I've lost all patience with the girls, and I'm tired of yelling at them all the time.  I'm not only going to be in need of the Lord's assistance with the labor and delivery.  I'm going to need some serious heavenly intervention just to get through until then!

No comments: