Monday, May 17, 2010

Prom Night

Ever wish you could re-live your prom night?  Make better memories, perhaps?  Or go at all? ;)  Danny and I got that chance when we attended the Adult Prom for the Lancaster and Lancaster East Stakes!

It sounds silly, I know.  But it was really fun!  The two aforementioned stakes put on a prom for the high school kids that don't want to attend the prom at their school.  I remember how frightening the school dances were when I was in high school and that was almost ten years ago!  I can't imagine the atmosphere now.  At any rate, they really go all out for the youth.  The cultural hall of our building (which is the Lancaster East Stake Center) is decorated to the hilt, a DJ is hired, and dinner is catered.  The kids pay for tickets, get dressed up, and have a wonderful time!

It's a lot of effort for one night!  What was discovered, however, is that if you leave everything up and decorated, it makes a totally fun atmosphere for the adults!  This year, they had quite a few dances.  The first one for the youth, and then one for the young single adults.  Next was one for the married (18-30) and the young single adults, and then two dances (one Friday night and one Saturday night) for the adults.  Danny took me to the adult dance on Friday night, which was when everyone from our neighborhood was going.  

Admittedly, it took some effort to find a dress that would be at all "formal" and cover this baby belly of mine!  But I found a nice dress and even curled my hair, and off we went!


We left the girls with Rose Beazel, and they had a great time!  It was so wonderful to leave the girls with someone they love and someone we trust and just enjoy an evening together!  The dinner for that dance was a  tri-tip dinner, which was pretty tasty.  And apparently it was a medieval theme, so we had some minstrel and troubadour entertainment!  But better than all of that was the company.  I have to say, we have the best neighbors out here, and have made what I know will be life-long friends.  It's crazy, Danny and I are quite a bit younger, but we have so much fun just talking and laughing with everyone!  I didn't get a picture of us all together, but here is a run-down of who we were with: Vern and Nancy Beazel, Doug and Beth Davis, and Andy and Shelly Tolman.  Those are the couples from the neighborhood.  We also got to spend the evening with the McClures, the Whites (Bo and Jackie), and the Novaks.  


I had to take the opportunity to get a picture with my good friend Beth.  The next one we take together, I'm afraid we'll look a little less put-together, since I imagine we'll be tired after working through my labor and delivery!  That's right...this is the infamous doula Beth, who will be helping Danny and I get Johnny here.  It's the very same Beth who started me on this path towards homebirth and has shared more wisdom and experience with me than I ever thought was possible!  I figured it was about time for a proper introduction... :)

But this post isn't about homebirth (for once!)  We really did have a wonderful time talking, laughing, eating, and dancing with friends.  Danny and I loved having the chance to dance together, even if it was a bit precarious with yet another child in between us.  I sure do love my husband!  I love that we're still best friends.  Eternity is going to be awesome!



3 comments:

David and Camillia said...

You look very cute! Its sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I really like your dress its way cute! I am glad you were able to find one.

David and Camillia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany McClure said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys again! It was so nice to talk to adults and not have a little one yelling at me the whole time :)