Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 26


If I look a little hammered in this week's photo, that would be because I am!  We're at 26 weeks, and I'm getting tired!  For some reason, I haven't been sleeping well at all.  I fall asleep right away, and sleep until about 1 or 2 in the morning.  And that's about it.  I have bizarre dreams when I do sleep, and when I wake up to go to the bathroom or switch hips, I realize I haven't really been resting.  It's been nothing short of infuriating, and has made me a very emotional and impatient pregnant wife and mother.  

See, I had taken a weeks break from yoga to give my pubic bone and pelvis a chance to get feeling better after all that pain in week 25.  I started getting my walks in again this week (we're just doing laps to the mailbox and back to avoid the snakes), but if anything that left me sore during the night and added to my sleeplessness.  Yesterday I had had enough, and found the 23 minutes needed for the warm-up and guided relaxation part of my prenatal yoga workout.  Let me tell you, I think prenatal yoga is the trick for me!  I slept better last night than I have in DAYS, and it was so much easier to wake up when Claire got me up a little earlier than usual this morning.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still SO EXHAUSTED! **yawn**  But I'm not nearly as frustrated!

Ok, so Week 26...let's see.  Johnny is about 14 inches long (the length of those big hothouse English cucumbers you get at Costco) and about 1 2/3 pounds.  Apparently the nerves in his cute little ears are continuing to develop, and he most likely can hear not only my voice, but the voices of Danny and the girls when we're chatting.  He's still so very active, and puts on a show for people by making my stomach do all kinds of weird things.  

Other than not sleeping so well, it's been a pretty easy week.  Not much other than an annoying suspected varicose vein in my ankle that has made walking a bit painful.  So many little things in pregnancy!  :)  I have found my newest craving, however.  Wendy's has a delicious Chicken Club sandwich!  Pair that with a root beer and fries, and I'm in heaven!  It's all I can think about.  Luckily, I live about 25 minutes away from the closet Wendy's!  I'm also looking forward to our appointment with Ali next Wednesday.  I even have almost all my homework done!

I did have a wonderful conversation with the girls' pediatrician yesterday, Dr. Odunusi.  I had to take Sophie in for her 18 month check up, and figured while I was there I would ask how soon he would like to see Johnny after he was born.  I was worried about his possibly reaction when I told him we were birthing at home, and had prepared my rebuttal on the drive there.  To my pleasant surprise, he was really supportive of my decision!  He did ask about who was going to be attending me at home and what safety precautions we were taking, and was very satisfied with my answers.  It was so nice to have a medical professional have such a positive reaction!  He just asked me to bring Johnny in between 24-48 hours of birth so he could check for jaundice and preform the requested circumcision.  I think we happened upon a wonderful pediatrician for our children!  And I totally love his Nigerian accent! :)

Once again, I'm sure I've included more details than necessary in this week's entry.  I'd promise to keep it short next time, but let's be realistic... :)

5 comments:

Justin and Toshi said...

Super cute prego belly! Yeah mine just looks like I put on 10 lbs! Are you guys going to be in UT at all this summer...obviously before the big day? We will be there at the end June, but sadly won't be going home for Christmas...

Katie Call said...

Nope, we won't be making it to Utah until AFTER I'm not pregnant anymore! That last drive was enough for me! I understand why you won't be there at Christmas...with a newborn and all! We're so excited for you guys...

Naomi and Family said...

Hey Katie! So, so sorry about the lack of sleep. That's a killer. And it's so hard when you feel frustrated, but you're doing great! Love yah! Let me know when I can watch the girls for you so you can have a nap! Glad yogas awesome!

C, J, T, and M said...

So glad things are coming together so perfectly! I hear ya about the pediatrician...I have one I LOVE and Im nervous for the search to find a good one in Vegas! Ahhh! Keep up the good prego work too. You look great and you are gettin closer!

David and Camillia said...

Fun picture! Sounds like so much fun being pregnant! I am good to wait a while to be that way again. :)