Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to me! :) It was a great day. One of the best parts of the day was the fact that Danny didn't have any meetings in the morning or after church, so he was able to spend a whole Sunday with us! I didn't get a picture, but I believe it was the day before that I got my present from Danny and the kids...new stainless steel cookie scoops! With a lifetime warranty! They are things of beauty. I can't wait to use them more and more!

After church, Danny got working on my meal. This year, we decided to finally give tacos al pastor a try. Danny had made up the marinade the night before, and it smelled divine. We were so excited. I mean, meat smoked on a pineapple spit? What could possibly go wrong?!





Everything. Everything went wrong!! We don't know what, exactly. But the pork was, well, inedible. It was so gross! Bitter and weird...but worst of all was the paste-like texture. Truly disgusting! I think it's the first thing in the history of our kitchen that we've ever just thrown away. We used our cute little street tacos and microwaved mini quesadillas for everyone. We were so confused and so disappointed! But, the watermelon was good and the Instant Pot cilantro lime rice was perfection. So there was that. :)

AND...my cake. I tried a chocolate malt cake for the Call Mother's Day dessert at Grandma and Papa's house. I strayed from the way the blogger decorated hers, and I think mine turned out way better. And it tasted incredible! Probably my favorite chocolate cake yet. So who needs dinner when you can fill up on overly-rich dessert? ;)



I'm so grateful for the blessing it is to be a mother to my five awesome children. I sure do miss Luke on days like this, but just like last year I got a little moment when I felt Lukey close. I couldn't have imagined children half as beautiful and a fraction of as amazing as the kids I have. They are 5/6ths of all my dreams come true...their Daddy making that other 1/6th, of course. I love each of them more than I could express, and am grateful for the opportunity I have to be their Mom.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: