Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Claire's UTAH Program

One of the things I love most about Claire is her enthusiasm for learning. And she has been so enthusiastically looking forward to her fourth grade Utah program! She has spend the school year learning all about Utah state history...about the pioneers, mountain men, and of course the Indians. And it was all culminating with the fourth grade Utah program. Claire was (obviously) assigned an Indian part. This just made her pleased as punch! Thankfully, Sophie's Halloween costume from last year fit perfectly. :) 

Claire danced an Indian dance, and sang all the songs with gusto. Enthusiastic gusto, to be precise. ;) She had a speaking part at the end, and she did it perfect! It always amazes me how comfortable Claire is behind a microphone. I love her confidence.







Claire loved her teachers this year, especially Mrs. Bennion. She was able to awake a love of history inside of Claire, and now she talks a lot about a future in anthropology or history. I love watching my baby girl grow into this young women. I love watching her learn about herself and the world around her. We can't wait to see what fifth grade brings!!

No comments: