Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

Mother's Day started on Saturday this year, when the kids worked with Daddy to make me a very special treats. Claire looked through the cookbook and decided she wanted to try chocolate-mousse filled cream puffs, and Sophie chose mango-pineapple sorbet. Both turned out delicious!! It was the perfect way to start out the holiday. :)




Sunday morning was extra nice because Daddy didn't have any meetings! Yay! So he worked with the kids to make yummy breakfast burritos. They were delicious. I enjoyed Sacrament Meeting, especially when the kids sang. My heart ached for Luke though. Something about holding Joey and listening to the big kids sing to me just made me miss my boy. Because Joey was still so young and I had not yet recovered enough to sit through three hours of church, I had a couple of hours of time at home to myself. It was the perfect time for me to cry and cry and cry. :) It ended up being just what I needed. 

After our meetings were over, Danny and the kids came home to pick me and Joey up. Jessie was blessing her baby, Lisette, at my Mom's house that evening. It was the first time Lisette and Joey were going to meet! It was a nice blessing, and it gave us the chance to spend some time on Mother's Day with Grandma Candy. And I found this cute picture of me and my Mom! I was pretty darned cute. :) For Mother's Day this year, we gave both grandmas a plant they could plant in their garden and enjoy all summer long, with a brick the kids designed and painted to put beside it. They turned out really cute!




Next we were on our way to Grandma Call's house for dessert. This year we made a three layer chocolate-raspberry cake, and it turned out beautiful and delicious!




It was a wonderful day. I'm so grateful for my children. They are each a dream come true. Being a mom is hard work...but I love it. I wouldn't chose to do anything else. It's be best most hardest job in the world! 


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: