Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May iMoments


Johnny can't get enough of his little brother. No one can take the place of Luke in Johnny's life, but having Joey here has made Johnny happy in a way he hasn't been in a long time.


Joey made his debut in church! All three of our boys have worn this suit to church on their first Sunday, and Joey was able to fill his older brothers' rather good-looking shoes. :) Too well, actually...it barely fit! Everyone was in love with his hair and cheeks. 


Bro time.


We finished the Book of Mosiah...and we still haven't missed a night! Our treat for finishing was compliments of our friends, the Applonies...and it tasted even better than it looked! We're ready for a whole summer of Alma!


We didn't know how we'd feel about Joey using any of Luke's things...most especially his blanket. Turns out, we love seeing Luke's blanket keeping Joey warm. It feels fitting somehow.


The boys and I try to get out on a walk every day...I know even though it hurts it's the best thing to help me recover. John is so good about pushing the stroller so I don't have to. Such the big brother!


This is how Joey wakes up. He's such a calm and contented baby!


Danny and I just can't bring ourselves to buy a new infant stroller when we know that Joey is our last. So we're making Luke's stroller work until Joey can sit up in it like she's supposed to. :)


I wish I could freeze time and keep him like this forever. My snuggly boy, with a full tummy and sweet dreams. :) It kind of breaks my heart that he's my last...


Johnny gets a lot of face time with Joey, but let it be written that his sisters are every bit as obsessed with him and Johnny is! Claire is such a huge help, and Joey already senses that she's looking out for him. :)


My sister Jami sent me this outfit when Luke was born. It was one of my favorites when he was little. Just like with his blanket, I wasn't sure how I would feel about putting Joey in it. I love it! He looks so handsome and strong...just like his big brother Luke!


Craziest hail storm ever! We've never seen hail this big, and it about scared the kids to death!


Before braces...


After braces!! Should be about a year for this first phase. Let's do this. :)


Every day: "Mom, can I hold Joseph and you can take a picture?!"


I had some very uncomfortable pain in my side that looked like it could potentially be appendicitis. I needed a ct-scan...but the contrast I had to take meant I would have to "pump and dump" for 48 hours. That meant formula for Joey. I was devastated, but he did really well! I was so nice to nurse him again after that two days...especially because it wasn't appendicitis after all. Just more c-section recovery. 


Seriously. The hair!


We opened up the grill at the school tonight and found these hungry fellas!


We hope their Mama comes back soon!


Oh my goodness, he's so cute. And I love these blankets that Ann Alisa made him! They are the perfect weight for a spring baby.


More bro time...just can't get enough!


So Joey is the most content baby ever. So much so that he won't even wake up to eat! I tried everything I knew how to do to get him to wake up and eat...I stripped him naked, I put ice on his foot, I put ice on his back! We even put him on his tummy...and this was his reaction. I guess we're just going to go to bed. :)


My sweet Luke...


The kids were sure to decorate the kitchen window for Luke's special day!


Happy 4th Birthday, Lukey! We all love you, and miss you, and we'll have two pieces of cake for you!


I know...another picture of Joey sleeping. But I swear his face changes every day and I don't want to forget a single one!


I wish I had one of these baths for all of my babies! Joey LOVES bath time...just chillaxing...


Our almost-six-WEEK-old filling out a set of six MONTH jammies! He's changed so much already...


"Sup, Ladies?" :) He got this too-cool-for-school, name-brand outfit from his stylish buddy Stetson. It's awesome.


And every handsome boy needs a pair of kicks that are worthy of him. I think the moccasins from my best friend Amanda are perfect! I love them so much!!

No comments: