Monday, April 18, 2011

Sophie's First Haircut

I postponed it as long as I possibly could.  And honestly, I probably waited longer than I needed too! :)  Ever since she was just a wee one, Sophie has had the most beautiful curly hair!  As it has grown, it has gotten less and less curly.  But I was afraid to cut it.  What if ALL the curl got cut off?  I just couldn't part with the soft ringlets, no matter how nappy her hair looked sometimes. :)

But finally it had gotten so long and unruly that there was rarely any curl at all.  At this point, I figured the curl was either gone permanently, or cutting it may just bring it back!  Either way, it was time for a trim.  



I was worried about how Sophie would handle the haircut, especially the wash.  I hyped her up about how big of a girl she was, and that if she let them wash her hair I'd buy her Berry Star.  It totally worked!  She was a little nervous to let them wash her hair, but as long as I held her hand, she kept perfectly still. 


And she kept right on being good through the actual cutting.  I was floored!  I don't think Sophie has sat so still for so long in her entire life.



I opted not to pay the extra for the style.  I think it's ridiculous that you should pay extra for that, by the way.  Anyway, once the stylist was done cutting, and they took the cape off, Sophie looked down and exclaimed, "Look at all my hair!"  Then she looked in the mirror and said, "They cut my hair!"  She was so happy!


And so was I.  Though you can't tell in the picture, the curl has come back some.  Sophie is such a beautiful little girl!  We're so lucky to have her.


No comments: